User:Sardisson/Camino Crash Reporter
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Issues found in pre-release Google Breakpad client in Camino
Client sometimes won't appear after a crash (try testcase in this bug, URL/comment 0 in this bug) - Bug 490670
- So far does seem to write a dump in spite of not appearing
- cl has also reproduced this on PPC
smorgan can repro reliably on first crash after reboot Client often "just vanishes" after appearing (while filling out info, switching apps to get info, etc.) - Bug 488727
- Client has no indication of sending/success (did my report get sent?), made worse by the random vanishing)
- Apple and Mozilla both display progress spinners while sending and don't simply vanish
- Clicking on the Dock icon when the app is not frontmost doesn't focus the reporter window - issue 312
- Client doesn't fire with Rosetta?
Need about:crashes / some easy, visible way to find sent report ID(s) - Bug 488949
- Make sure the following are reported, once Socorro support is in:
- Loaded libraries versions are incorrect
- All have a 0. prepended to the actual or incorrect version, e.g. AppKit 0.949.43.0 instead of 949.43 (CFBundleVersion)
- Binaries with otherwise-correct versions are setting
DYLIB_CURRENT_VERSION; see, e.g., Sparkle
- Some have blatantly incorrect versions, e.g.
- Filed issue 321 to cover the blank/0.0.0.0 case
Breakpad issue 309 (can't copy/paste)
- Big gap between "title" and "explanatory text"
AppName menu/Hide menuitem/Dock label needs to be other than "crash_report_sender" - Bug 488861
See QA:Crash Reporting and Analysis#OS Symbols for the links to OS symbol manifests that used to be on this page.
Which ones to get?
- Need to get symbols for OS libraries, frameworks, and plug-ins (which ones?)
- QuickTimeComponents (/S/L/QT/QTcomponents.component)
- Flash Player
- vImage (is this part of the OS?)
- input methods (?)