About Camino® 2.0.3
Camino 2.0.3 is a security and stability update for Camino 2.0.x. All users are urged to upgrade.
Changes since Camino 2.0
The following changes and improvements have been made since the Camino 2.0 release.
Camino 2.0.3 contains the following improvements over version 2.0.2:
- Upgraded to version 188.8.131.52 of the Mozilla Gecko rendering engine, which includes several critical security and stability fixes.
- Prevented possible crashes when closing several tabs in succession.
- Bookmarks found in Spotlight searches will once again open in Camino.
- Bookmark import will no longer try to import old Firefox bookmarks.html files from profiles used by Firefox 3 and later.
- Camino no longer exports Spotlight metadata for menu spacers.
- “Reset Camino” will now always clear the “Recently Closed Pages” menu.
- The context menu in about:config is now functional.
- Insecure cookies will no longer be shown as secure in the list of cookies.
- Prevented possible crashes when software update fails to download information about available updates.
- Improved ad-blocking.
Camino 2.0.2 contains the following improvements over version 2.0.1:
- Upgraded to version 184.108.40.206 of the Mozilla Gecko rendering engine, which includes several critical security and stability fixes.
- Command-Arrow key combinations can again be reassigned as shortcuts for other menu items.
- Google’s Safe Browsing information pages will now appear in Norwegian for users of the Norwegian localization.
- The Bookmark Bar colors will again appear correctly on displays with a gamma other than 1.8.
- Upgraded the “Block flash animations” code to use Flashblock 1.5.12.
- Improved ad-blocking.
Camino 2.0.1 contains the following improvements over version 2.0:
- Upgraded to version 220.127.116.11 of the Mozilla Gecko rendering engine, which includes several critical security and stability fixes.
- The Help menu will once again contain the search field in non-English localizations on Mac OS X 10.6.
- The Camino Crash Reporter will now offer to send your email address with your crash report to allow the Camino developers to contact you for more information about your crash.
- Clicking on warning or error text in a certificate no longer causes the text to change colors.
- Improved ad-blocking.
Features in Camino 2
The following are the major changes and improvements made since the Camino 1.6 release. A full list is available on our website.
- Improved tabbed browsing
- The Tab Overview feature displays a grid of thumbnails of the tabs in the current window.
- Tabs can be rearranged by dragging and dropping.
- Command-click now defaults to opening links in new tabs instead of new windows.
- New security features
- Camino now supports the Google Safe Browsing service to provide warnings about many potentially malicious websites.
- Camino now displays error pages for secure web pages using invalid or untrusted certificates.
- Full content zoom
- Camino now has support for making the entire contents of a web page bigger or smaller.
- Download notifications
- If Growl is installed, Camino will generate notifications when downloads begin and finish.
- On Mac OS X 10.5 and higher, Camino will bounce the downloads folder in the Dock when a download finishes.
- Recently closed pages
- The History menu now contains a sub-menu listing the last 20 closed web pages.
- Improved support for Full Keyboard Access
- When Full Keyboard Access is enabled, tabbing now moves correctly through the entire browser window.
- Enhanced annoyance blocking
- Camino now includes an exceptions list to allow disabling “Block Flash animations” on a per-site basis and an “Allow Flash From This Site” contextual menu item to ease adding sites to the exceptions list.
- New AppleScript capabilities
- AppleScripts can now obtain the HTML source or text of an entire web page or of a selection.
- Added AppleScript support for setting the active tab in each browser window.
- Web content support
For information about other issues or problems, please visit our Help page.
- If “Ask me before accepting each cookie” is checked, Camino will display a cookie dialog for each cookie request from a web page.
- Scroll bars will appear active even when the window is not active.
- Incompatible third-party plug-ins:
- Shockwave Player 10 and older will not display Shockwave content in Camino 2; to display Shockwave content, install Shockwave Player 11 or newer.
- Versions of the Flip4Mac (F4M) plug-in older than version 18.104.22.168 contained a bug that caused major rendering issues in Camino. To display Windows Media content without experiencing this bug, upgrade to Flip4Mac version 22.214.171.124 or later.
- Older versions of the Adobe Flash plug-in had a bug that could cause Camino to stop functioning correctly after visiting enough pages with Flash content while browsing. This is fixed in version 10.0 of the Flash plug-in.