From Camino Wiki
Wed 11 Oct 9am PDT (16:00 GMT/UTC) in #camino-mtg
- Camino 1.1 Alpha 1
- Hold again or go?
- kqueue not ready yet; this weekend/by Tues hopefully
- No real movement on the pop-up blocker front (there are some patches and investigations)
- Menu cleanup has r+; waiting on second r and sr
- planet.m.o says Fx2 RC 3 is next Tue (Oct 17) and Fx2 release is 2 weeks: Tue Oct 24
- Hold again or go?
- What about putting l10ns into Camino source repository? (by Marcello)
- I'd like to spend most of my efforts on the community side of Caminol10n, trying to make it better and more productive. Since I already maintain (in a very clumsy way) a cvs repository of l10n packages and text files, why not put them among Camino's source, so that the ML package might be built directly from that place?
- I shouldn't work on building and distributing, and I would not be a bottleneck as sometimes happened in the past
- Unified Camino build more in line with Mac OS X
- The build system would need be changed
- Moving the bottleneck to coordinating cvs checkins
- Out-of-date translations:
- Stale files on development branches (e.g., an out-of-date BrowserWindow.nib will hork that language) [could be worked around by keeping nightlies En-only]
- Non-updated l10ns still in cvs across branch changes or emergency new strings on a stable branch (e.g., Pirate 1.0.x never gets updated for 1.x, or in the event string changes are needed for 1.0.x+1)
- additional pros/cons in italics by sardisson, who'd really like to see a unified Camino build nonetheless
- l10n of license.r on dmg? Is that feasible tech-wise?
- Tab scrolling landed on the trunk (congrats delliott!); follow-up bugs being filed
- Tinderboxen upgrades are on build's radar (coop)
- Weekly Bugs and Queues update
- Fixed a few more bugs, mostly non-1.1 bugs though
- r queue fairly large with midterms and hwaara and froodian away part of the period
Specific bugs that need action
- Bug 350331 - Pages sometimes fail to display when loaded; resizing the window fixes display
- We have a regression range, but need more investigation
- Bug 356242 - Make CHBrowserListener an informal protocol
- Any reason not to do this (see bug for rationale)?
- Bug 306396 - Don't show wyciwyg URLs in location bar
- Is the home-rolled method OK, or do we need to pull in additional Gecko components to use the same method Fx does?
- Bug 350732 - Going back with popup bar on screen truncates scroll view
- Any ideas why this is not working (or why some people can repro and others cannot)?
- Bug 355080 - prettify about:config warning in line with the error pages
- Bugs targeted at 1.1 (114) [-2 net since last week]
- Blocking ? (11) [unchanged]
- Blocking + (3) [unchanged]
- Blocking - (0) [unchanged]
- Bugs without target (256) [+12 since last week]
- The above list needs to be at least spot-audited for potential 1.1 issues
- Bugs fixed since last meeting (9) [+1 since last week] (4 bugs were 1.1-targeted; of those, 1 was a 1.1a1 nominee)