Status Meetings:2007-01-03:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[12:02pm] pinkerton: yo yo
[12:02pm] ardissone|away: happy new year mr camino 
[12:02pm] murph: what's up guys
[12:02pm] ardissone|away: runs to get food
[12:02pm] delliott: Happy New Year all 
[12:03pm] murph: same to you delliott  
[12:03pm] delliott: Hope that everybody is gearing up for a hell of a Camino year 
[12:04pm] pinkerton: heh
[12:04pm] murph: looks to be a hell of an Apple year in general as well
[12:04pm] reed left the chat room.
[12:05pm] ardissone|away: well, sam doesn't seem to be responding, so I guess I'll start
[12:05pm] pinkerton: k
[12:05pm] ardissone|away: as much as I don't want to run the show
[12:05pm] pinkerton: ship it
[12:05pm] ardissone|away: everyone open http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2007-01-03:Agenda in your Camino
[12:06pm] ardissone|away: per pink's comment, we should start thinking seriously about the rest of the 1.1 schedule
[12:06pm] ardissone|away: a2 is Friday
[12:07pm] ardissone|away: can we do b2 in Feb and final in Mar?
[12:07pm] pinkerton: seems like a good goal to have
[12:07pm] ardissone|away: mostly i mean can we code/review/land the fixes we need to have to keep the natives happy 
[12:08pm] ardissone|away: which was part of our prob with a2
[12:08pm] pinkerton: i think we could probably ship what we have today, or close to it, as 1.1
[12:08pm] pinkerton: it's pretty good
[12:08pm] delliott: Would that mean pushing back the rest to 1.2?
[12:08pm] ardissone|away: there are 5-6 big issues yet
[12:09pm] ardissone|away: not so much big in code, but big in annoyance/visibility, so we need to focus on them more going fwd
[12:09pm] pinkerton: ok
[12:09pm] ardissone|away: mostly finishing spelling UI and polishing that blocker stuff
[12:10pm] ardissone|away: the page-loads-but-doesn't-display bug is annoying, too
[12:10pm] ardissone|away: for anyone not quitting daily
[12:10pm] ardissone|away: anyway
[12:10pm] ardissone|away: we can put together a good list
[12:10pm] ardissone|away: a2
[12:11pm] ardissone|away: Friday
[12:11pm] ardissone|away: relnotes are almost ready
[12:11pm] delliott: Are there any small jobs that others can pick up to make things smoother for you?
[12:12pm] ardissone|away: most of the rest of a2 is deciding about 2 bugs
[12:12pm] ardissone|away: since kqueue got r-
[12:13pm] delliott: Was it a serious r-? Does Nick have the time to make it an r+ ?
[12:13pm] ardissone|away: i'll get to them in the bug section
[12:13pm] ardissone|away: stuart said "big issue" in one of the coimments
[12:14pm] ardissone|away: kreeger didn't come back last night, but he's trying to release correo 0.1
[12:14pm] ardissone|away: so no kqueue before a2
[12:15pm] pinkerton: that's fine
[12:15pm] delliott: Nick also has finals/dissertation this semester, yeah?
[12:15pm] ardissone|away: we need to get it shipped, but it's not holding us up for a2
[12:15pm] ardissone|away: yes, it's his last sem
[12:16pm] ardissone|away: 1.0.4 is waiting for after 1.1a2 (and for the passwd fix)
[12:16pm] ardissone|away: mento: any idea what happened to pawn?
[12:16pm] ardissone|away: we've had no real graphs since it vanished 
[12:17pm] ardissone|away: did MoCo just get tired of it telling them Ts sucks the worst ever on the trunk? 
[12:19pm] ardissone|away: well, we can come back to that
[12:19pm] thebot joined the chat room.
[12:19pm] ardissone|away: ok, bugs
[12:20pm] ardissone|away: the first 2 have a2 relevance
[12:20pm] ardissone|away: for Bug 343296 smorgan said that there's no really good way to fix it "right" for 1.8 branch
[12:20pm] thebot: ardissone|away: Bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=343296 nor, --, Camino1.1, nobody@mozilla.org, NEW, Spell-checker requires text cursor to be in word to get context menu
[12:21pm] ardissone|away: at least not unless an editor peer comes to fix it for us 
[12:22pm] pinkerton: heh, ask smfr!
[12:22pm] delliott: Would this be a long term hack?
[12:22pm] ardissone|away: he's cc'd 
[12:22pm] ardissone|away: and hasn't responded since stuart posted
[12:23pm] _Tsk_ joined the chat room.
[12:23pm] ardissone|away: are we ok with using the "fake a double-click" hack for 1.x releases?
[12:23pm] _Tsk_: Hello
[12:23pm] _Tsk_: Happy new year everyone
[12:23pm] ardissone|away: hi ludo; sorry i missed inviting you at the beginning
[12:23pm] _Tsk_: no problem I was not watching irc anyway
[12:23pm] delliott: ardissone|away: It is works and gives people the functionality that they expect while we work on a proper solution then it seems alright. As long as a proper solution is worked on 
[12:23pm] ardissone|away: pinkerton: are you OK shipping the hack?
[12:24pm] ardissone|away: people really b*tch about this bug
[12:25pm] pinkerton: i haven't looked at it, but probably
[12:25pm] ardissone|away: question 2 is can we get it reviewed/landed today/tomorrow?
[12:25pm] ardissone|away: for a2
[12:26pm] pinkerton: heh maybe?
[12:27pm] pinkerton: i'll make a point to sr it if it gets to me by tomorrow and someone pokes me about it to remind me
[12:27pm] ardissone|away: k, can someone r it today?
[12:27pm] ardissone|away: murph maybe?
[12:27pm] murph: yeah I can take a look at it
[12:28pm] ardissone|away: ok, let's do that and try to get that in a2
[12:28pm] ardissone|away: next on the list is bug Bug 364496
[12:28pm] thebot: ardissone|away: Bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=364496 nor, --, Camino1.1, stridey@gmail.com, ASSI, Display a warning during bookmarks recovery alerting the user we're restoring
[12:28pm] ardissone|away: stuart's patched over the bookmarks loss so thoroughly that we don't get any more data from users when it happens
[12:29pm] ardissone|away: which is nice, but doesn't help us fix the underlying bug
[12:30pm] ardissone|away: there's a patch on the bug which shows a simple alert and tells the user to send us stuff from the Console.log
[12:30pm] delliott: That sounds nice enough.
[12:31pm] smorgan joined the chat room.
[12:31pm] ardissone|away: froodian and I really want to rework it so that clciking "i want to help" takes you to a web page that has detailed instructions of what/when to look for
[12:31pm] ardissone|away: but that sort of fix, even if we want it (remains to be seen), won't make a2
[12:31pm] pinkerton: ok
[12:32pm] ardissone|away: so for a2, we'd like to take the patch that's been r+
[12:32pm] ardissone|away: if pink can sr+ it and is happy with it, of course
[12:33pm] pinkerton: bug#?
[12:33pm] pinkerton: nm
[12:34pm] pinkerton: done with typo fix
[12:34pm] ardissone|away: ty
[12:34pm] ardissone|away: those are the 2 that we'd like to include in a2
[12:35pm] ardissone|away: the rest of the bugs on today's bug list i don't feel particularly compelled to discuss today without froodian and cl, unless someone really wants to
[12:36pm] pinkerton: ok
[12:36pm] smorgan: Spelling?
[12:36pm] smorgan: If we do that, we might be able to do it for a2
[12:37pm] ardissone|away: murph is reviewing today, and pink will sr tomorrow if it r+
[12:37pm] ardissone|away: that's the other 1 of the 2
[12:37pm] ardissone|away: the double-click hack one
[12:37pm] smorgan: Sorry, I was confused about where we were in the agenda I think
[12:37pm] ardissone|away: oh, sorry
[12:38pm] ardissone|away: we went fast
[12:38pm] smorgan: Ah, spelling UI was up there
[12:38pm] smorgan: missed that
[12:38pm] ardissone|away: me talking and everyone else (not) listening
[12:38pm] delliott: I was listening but I didn't have anything valuable to add to the conversation!
[12:38pm] ardissone|away:                           
[12:38pm] You are now known as ardissone.
[12:38pm] delliott: Nothing worse than being an oxygen burglar.
[12:39pm] smorgan: I wasn't here, that's my excuse 
[12:39pm] delliott: And quite a fine excuse.
[12:39pm] murph: lol, same as delliott here.  just following along  
[12:39pm] ardissone: heh, oops
[12:39pm] kreeger joined the chat room.
[12:40pm] ardissone: i missed a  when i typed that
[12:40pm] ardissone: smorgan: might learn/igonre be ready?
[12:40pm] ardissone: bug Bug 343299
[12:40pm] thebot: ardissone: Bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=343299 nor, P3, Camino1.1, camino@seanmurph.com, ASSI, Spell-check context menu missing Ignore and Learn Spelling entries
[12:40pm] smorgan: I'll try to look today if I can
[12:41pm] smorgan: I'm out the rest of the week
[12:41pm] ardissone: also nice to have
[12:41pm] ardissone: k
[12:41pm] smorgan: is looking forward to not traveling for a while
[12:41pm] ardissone: so someone else needs to land the hack, then, if it gets sr
[12:41pm] ardissone: ?
[12:41pm] smorgan: Yeah
[12:41pm] ardissone: k
[12:42pm] ardissone: ok
[12:42pm] ardissone: so, a2 Fri
[12:42pm] smorgan: I'll have really intermittent access, but not enough time to land anything
[12:42pm] ardissone: we're looking at bookmarks restore warning and the spelling double-click hack to make a2, and maybe learn/ignore
[12:43pm] ardissone: if you don't have a 1.1 bug currently and have some time, there are 56 bugs currently on the 1.1 list
[12:43pm] smorgan: I should have time to start coding again this month
[12:43pm] ardissone: obviously ones that are regressions/polish of a new 1.1 feature take prio
[12:44pm] ardissone: if you don't know what they are, find me 
[12:44pm] ardissone: anyone else have anything?
[12:45pm] murph: i'll be sure to review the spell checking bug asap, and fix any issues discovered with learn/ignore as soon as I know about them.
[12:45pm] ardissone: :)                          
[12:46pm] ardissone: ok then, happy new year to everyone
[12:46pm] ardissone: and go fix 1.1 bugs :)
[12:46pm] pinkerton: :)                          
[12:47pm] You kicked thebot from the chat room. (ardissone)
[12:47pm] delliott: Good meeting, ardissone :)
[12:47pm] murph: you too ardissone.  later guys.
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox