Status Meetings:2007-04-18:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[02:02am] You changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2007-04-18:Agenda".
[12:02pm] froodian: looks like no pink again this week, eh?
[12:02pm] cl: yeah
[12:02pm] ardissone|food: still waiting on mento to hop over, too 
[12:02pm] froodian: mhm
[12:02pm] froodian: and smorgan to get through traffic
[12:02pm] ardissone|food: and traffic
[12:02pm] ardissone|food: lol
[12:03pm] ardissone|food: no murph today, either 
[12:03pm] cl: where's murph?
[12:03pm] ardissone|food: somewhere other than here or murph-away
[12:04pm] mento joined the chat room.
[12:04pm] mento was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:06pm] froodian: no ss too it appears
[12:06pm] froodian: alright, let's get started
[12:06pm] peeja joined the chat room.
[12:06pm] peeja was promoted to operator by froodian.
[12:07pm] froodian: first off, everybody welcome jeff, our SoC slav...student for this year.  he'll be implementing tab exposé, let's all make him feel at home and welcome 
[12:07pm] froodian: waves to jeff 
[12:07pm] ardissone|food: waves to jeff
[12:07pm] jeff: howdy
[12:07pm] froodian: oh, also, everybody browse to http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2007-04-18:Agenda if you haven't already
[12:08pm] ardissone|food: apologizes for miscounting earlier in the week
[12:08pm] peeja: hi jeff
[12:09pm] cl: hi jeff 
[12:09pm] froodian: Camino 1.5 is close.  Very close
[12:09pm] ardissone|food: we really have 4-5 bugs that we should take yet, not only 3
[12:09pm] froodian: hopefully we can coincide nicely with Gecko 1.8.1.4
[12:09pm] cl: are we seriously callin git 1.5?
[12:09pm] ardissone|food: sam says the dates will slip
[12:09pm] froodian: that was the decision, yes
[12:10pm] ardissone|food: cl: log, 2 weeks ago (?)
[12:10pm] ardissone|food: so gecko 1814 won't be ready until early/mid may
[12:10pm] cl: grumbles about version number inflation
[12:10pm] ardissone|food: so we might want to finish our bugs and do a fake RC with current code
[12:11pm] smorgan joined the chat room.
[12:11pm] smorgan was promoted to operator by froodian.
[12:11pm] ardissone|food: so that we have something getting heavy testing while we wait on the Gecko tag
[12:12pm] cl: mhm
[12:12pm] froodian: yeah.  is there any downside to that?
[12:12pm] froodian: i mean, other than building on an "unstable" gecko?
[12:12pm] ardissone|food: if something in Gecko breaks afterwards? 
[12:12pm] froodian: s/unstable/non-blessed/
[12:12pm] cl: so we do an rc2 at that point, if that happens? 
[12:12pm] ardissone|food: well
[12:12pm] ardissone|food: we do a "real" rc on stable gecko
[12:13pm] cl: so what do we call this thing? beta 2?
[12:13pm] ardissone|food: by real == ship as 1.5 if it looks ok
[12:13pm] cl: right
[12:13pm] ardissone|food: i think we can call this RC and the other just "private RC"
[12:13pm] cl: heh
[12:13pm] ardissone|food: at any rate
[12:13pm] ardissone|food: not relevant until we get our bugs done
[12:13pm] froodian: indeed
[12:14pm] froodian: which leads us to
[12:14pm] froodian: anything have anything else before we talk bugs?
[12:14pm] cl: wonders what smokey's definition of "heavy testing" is, if we don't tell anyone about the fake RC 
[12:14pm] ardissone|food: talkback's looking pretty good, tho
[12:14pm] ardissone|food: still some crashes, but nothing repeated in "volume"
[12:14pm] cl: mhm
[12:15pm] thebot joined the chat room.
[12:15pm] ardissone|food: that's all i have before bugs 
[12:16pm] froodian: we have a couple bugs that are waiting for sr
[12:16pm] froodian: from pink
[12:16pm] froodian: mento: would you have time to grab those?
[12:16pm] froodian: or could somebody ping him about them?
[12:16pm] cl: and if mento doesn't, can we maybe get emergency-sr from smfr?
[12:16pm] cl: He seems to be fairly good about replying to e-mail.
[12:18pm] froodian: ok, i guess i'll write him if he doesn't show in channel or sr in the next couple days
[12:18pm] froodian: Bug 367055
[12:18pm] thebot: froodian: Bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=367055 nor, --, Camino1.1, nick.kreeger@park.edu, ASSI, Cmd-Click / drag-drop / "Open Link in New foo" should not open file URLs from non-local pages
[12:19pm] ardissone|food: not showing the CM at all seems very unexpected imo
[12:19pm] froodian: (see notes on agenda page)
[12:19pm] cl left the chat room. (Connection reset by peer)
[12:19pm] cl joined the chat room.
[12:20pm] cl was promoted to operator by you.
[12:20pm] cl: urrrgh
[12:20pm] cl: stupid stolen wireless connection
[12:20pm] ardissone|food: (this channel is logged  )
[12:20pm] froodian: i agree that losing the entire menu seems unexpected
[12:20pm] cl: Yes
[12:20pm] cl: I think we should selectively remove.
[12:21pm] cl: Disabling is something we should worry about in main app menus
[12:21pm] ardissone|food: do we know if it's hard to disable?
[12:21pm] cl: context menus should be shortened so they don't take up any more space than necessary
[12:21pm] cl: that's what we've done with most of other other CMs
[12:21pm] cl: we simply don't build the menus with items we won't use, in cases where we dynamically create them
[12:22pm] froodian: i agree.  we selectively remove single items from context menus all the time
[12:22pm] froodian: context menus exist based on context (duh)
[12:22pm] froodian: so they only need to contain options that are relevant to whatever's under the mouse
[12:23pm] cl: right
[12:23pm] froodian: of course.. what's actually relevant in this case?
[12:23pm] froodian: copy location? 
[12:23pm] cl: lemme take another look at the bug
[12:23pm] ardissone|food: the bottom 4
[12:23pm] froodian: yeah, i guess the bottom 4
[12:23pm] ardissone|food: download is a little silly, but still safe and possibly relevant
[12:24pm] froodian: mhm
[12:24pm] cl: yeah, I agree, bottom 4
[12:24pm] cl: although I also agree that "Download" is a little silly
[12:24pm] cl: as is "E-mail"
[12:24pm] froodian: sounds like we are agreed.  ardissone|food, can you comment in the bug?
[12:24pm] ardissone|food: sure
[12:24pm] cl: especially since "E-mail" isn't meaningful outside the context of the local drive
[12:24pm] froodian: editing types should take a glance at Bug 373275
[12:24pm] thebot: froodian: Bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=373275 nor, --, Camino1.1, alqahira@ardisson.org, NEW, Final Release Notes for Camino 1.1
[12:25pm] froodian: err, actually, no
[12:25pm] froodian: since there's nothing there
[12:25pm] froodian: http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Releases:1.1:Notes
[12:25pm] cl: haha
[12:25pm] ardissone|food: (but that keeps it as close to other links, and other local links on local pages, as possible)
[12:25pm] cl: yeah.
[12:25pm] cl: I'm not terribly opposed to keeping "E-mail" in there
[12:25pm] froodian: Bug 363010. mento?
[12:25pm] cl: I just think that it's probably the prime candidate for being snipped out of the four remaining items
[12:26pm] ardissone|food: is bug Bug 374503 just waiting on sr?  I couldn't tell....
[12:26pm] smorgan: It is
[12:26pm] ardissone|food: yeah, that depends on mento's time, really
[12:26pm] thebot: froodian: Bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=363010 nor, --, Camino1.1, nobody@mozilla.org, NEW, Include localized/multilingual EULAs in the .dmg license agreement
[12:26pm] smorgan: Do we have localized EULAs?
[12:26pm] thebot: ardissone|food: Bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=374503 nor, --, Camino1.1, stuart.morgan@alumni.case.edu, NEW, Status bar doesn't clear when page finishes loading
[12:26pm] ardissone|food: for some languages, yes
[12:27pm] ardissone|food: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/legal/eula/
[12:27pm] ardissone|food: the ones under fx 1.5
[12:27pm] smorgan: Don't we have changes to them?
[12:27pm] ardissone|food: s/Firefodx/camino/, s /moco/mofo/
[12:27pm] ardissone|food: only that
[12:27pm] smorgan: Okay
[12:28pm] smorgan: mento: ping me later and we can talk about how that works in the build process
[12:28pm] ardissone|food:
[12:28pm] froodian: awesome 
[12:28pm] froodian: i really seriously doubt that Bug 377203's patch will fix anything
[12:29pm] froodian: i suppose we should still try to take it for 1.5, though
[12:29pm] smorgan: I don't think we should care either way
[12:29pm] froodian: i can not care either way
[12:29pm] smorgan: As I said, the current code does not appear to have the possibility to fail
[12:29pm] froodian: well, it seems it is 
[12:29pm] smorgan: So trying to get it into 1.☃ isn't important
[12:29pm] froodian: but i agree
[12:30pm] smorgan: No, that particular call
[12:30pm] froodian: oh, yeah
[12:30pm] smorgan: Not the method in general
[12:30pm] froodian: nods
[12:30pm] cl: 1.snowman?
[12:30pm] froodian: (i like that, btw)
[12:31pm] cl: we ought to use that as our version number
[12:31pm] froodian: (we should have 1.unicodechars forever)
[12:31pm] cl: Camino 1.snowman
[12:31pm] cl: lol
[12:31pm] cl: We hope you'll enjoy our upcoming release, Camino 1.leftarrow
[12:31pm] froodian: Bug 175651
[12:31pm] thebot: froodian: Bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=175651 maj, --, Camino1.6, waveridervsnrz@yahoo.co.jp, ASSI, CJK (at least Chinese and Japanese) font Preferences changes not applied to any CJK Web page
[12:31pm] froodian: murph looked at this
[12:32pm] froodian: now all it needs is somebody to make a next patch 
[12:32pm] cl: I want to be the release driver for Camino 1.✈
[12:32pm] smorgan: Since when were we planning to take an entirely re-written pref pane in a 1.0.x maintenance release?
[12:32pm] cl: in light of waverider's missing-ness, I nominate murph, since he said he could
[12:32pm] ardissone|food: it's not rewritten
[12:32pm] cl left the chat room.
[12:32pm] cl joined the chat room.
[12:32pm] ardissone|food: it just rebuilds the advanced fonts using carbon names
[12:32pm] cl: bloody hell
[12:33pm] smorgan: Oh, sorry, I had this confused with another bug
[12:33pm] ardissone|food: s/rewritten/entirely rewritten/
[12:33pm] froodian: anyway, let's rope murph into doing it 
[12:33pm] froodian: k, anybody have anything else?
[12:33pm] ardissone|food: at one point maybe it had a radical change proposed
[12:33pm] smorgan: I thought this was the "redo the whole pane not to such so badly" bug
[12:33pm] ardissone|food: but smfr siad no
[12:33pm] ardissone|food: oh, heh
[12:33pm] cl left the chat room.
[12:34pm] cl joined the chat room.
[12:34pm] cl: punches colloquy in the face
[12:34pm] TheJosh joined the chat room.
[12:34pm] froodian: and on that note, i believe our work here is done.  good meeting, just the final push left
[12:35pm] cl left the chat room.
[12:35pm] ardissone|food: TheJosh: have you had a chance to look over cbo/support yet?
[12:35pm] thebot was kicked from the chat room by froodian. (begone, caller of tinderboxen!)
[12:35pm] cl joined the chat room.
[12:35pm] froodian was kicked from the chat room by froodian. (begone, kicker of bots!)
[12:36pm] cl left the chat room.
[12:36pm] smorgan left the chat room.
[12:36pm] TheJosh: hi ardissone|food . no.  about 3 weeks ago, just as i got started, i had to switch jobs, and now finals are upon me.
[12:36pm] ardissone|food: k
[12:36pm] ardissone|food: np
[12:37pm] TheJosh: but i'm staying with it; haven't forgotten about my promises to camino!!
[12:37pm] TheJosh: unfortunately life just got in the way just at the wrong moment
[12:38pm] ardissone|food: depending on how long before we release and how long before finals are over, there might be some time 
[12:38pm] TheJosh: ok, excellent
[12:39pm] ardissone|food: i realized the other night while working on the changes that i just did the minimum to un-non-native-English the stuff before 1.1
[12:39pm] TheJosh: what exactly can i do this week to help you best
[12:40pm] TheJosh: i'll have some time all day on friday
[12:40pm] TheJosh: also this afternoon
[12:40pm] ardissone|food: i'm focusing on updating the content for technical changes in Camino, so if you could look at the language and note where the bad crap is, or where stuff is unclear or whatever, that would be good
[12:41pm] TheJosh: that's what i'll do then, by friday evening PDT
[12:41pm] TheJosh: can you link me directly?
[12:41pm] TheJosh: or is it on the wiki
[12:41pm] ardissone|food: http://www.caminobrowser.org/support/
[12:41pm] ardissone|food: each section on the left is a separate page
[12:42pm] TheJosh: right, i'm familiar with that. i meant the discussion.
[12:42pm] ardissone|food: oh
[12:42pm] ardissone|food: http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Website
[12:42pm] ardissone|food: http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Website:Documentation_Changes_for_1.1 <-- is the stuff i'm changing
[12:42pm] TheJosh: ok i'm familiar with that too. then i have all i need.
[12:42pm] ardissone|food:
[12:43pm] TheJosh: just found that
[12:43pm] TheJosh: excellent
[12:43pm] ardissone|food: don't hurt your grades over it; we can ship bad language again if we don't get to it 
[12:43pm] TheJosh: thanks for understanding. but i'll get to it.
[12:44pm] You are now known as ardissone|away.
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox