Status Meetings:2007-08-29:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[01:31am] You were promoted to operator by chanserv.
[01:31am] You changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2007-08-29:Agenda".
[12:02pm] ardissone|food: ok
[12:02pm] ardissone|food: everyone open http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2007-08-29:Agenda in your Camino
[12:02pm] murph joined the chat room.
[12:02pm] murph was promoted to operator by you.
[12:03pm] ardissone|food: 1.6 stuff is pretty much the same as last week
[12:03pm] ardissone|food: smorgan had a first look at multiple accounts
[12:04pm] ardissone|food: we're trying to convince jeff to look at tab scrolling once tabsposé is done 
[12:04pm] ardissone|food: er, tab dragging
[12:05pm] ardissone|food: smorgan promises he's about done with annoyance-cleanup and ready for the big stuff 
[12:05pm] smorgan: Any day now 
[12:05pm] ardissone|food: has anyone thought any more about dates and/or a1?
[12:06pm] kreeger: smorgan: i'll get to that kqueue review tonight
[12:06pm] ardissone|food: we probably don't want to go a1 with tab scrolling (in its current state) as the only big feature
[12:07pm] smorgan: Someone should really write autoupdate for a1
[12:07pm] kreeger: sprinkle/sparkle or gecko?
[12:07pm] smorgan: That's later on the agenda 
[12:08pm] smorgan: The current theory is, as I understood it, sparkle unless we can't
[12:08pm] kreeger: oh thats not autoupdate?
[12:08pm] smorgan: points at the "specific bugs" section
[12:08pm] ardissone|food: no, it is, but it has its own item
[12:09pm] ardissone|food: i agree; we probably want to test it a1_>a2->b
[12:09pm] smorgan: Yep
[12:10pm] ardissone|food: marks it blocking a1
[12:11pm] ardissone|food: any more thoughts on 1.6 (other than update) right now?
[12:11pm] murph: I'll have the search engine editor in today
[12:12pm] ardissone|food: great!
[12:13pm] ardissone|food: ok
[12:13pm] ardissone|food: 1.5.1
[12:13pm] ardissone|food: out for a week and a half, more or less
[12:14pm] ardissone|food: we're up to 442 crashes from178, but many of them
[12:14pm] ardissone|food: are Flash and the crash-on-quit Core bug 
[12:14pm] smorgan: parts of the intarweb (or one person in various places) seems to be claiming that 1.5.1 broke keychain somehow
[12:14pm] ardissone|food: yet he refuses to come visit? 
[12:14pm] smorgan: I find this implausible, and of course all these people just post on random tech news sites rather than reporting
[12:15pm] ardissone|food: 19 of the 37 libobjc crashes are the 1passwd crash that murph debugged before 1.5
[12:16pm] ardissone|food: only 3 of them had emails 
[12:16pm] ardissone|food: but froodian emailed those 3
[12:16pm] ardissone|food: and pointed to the blog post on 1passwd crashes
[12:17pm] ardissone|food: we think that the "camino stops working" bug is related to lots of downloads in the .plist and kqueue
[12:17pm] ardissone|food: and smorgan has a fix
[12:18pm] ardissone|food: sam's had a bit of time to work on website stuff, so caminoplanet no longer looks like it was done by a 6th grader
[12:18pm] ardissone|food: 1.0.6
[12:19pm] ardissone|food: mento: 1.0.6 passed QA by cl on 10.2
[12:19pm] mento: ok, let's do a release!
[12:19pm] ardissone|food: also, one of the 10.2 guys appeared in the forum, got the build, and came back happy
[12:19pm] mento: starts staging
[12:19pm] ardissone|food: you stage it, and i'll poke sam 
[12:19pm] mento: staging now
[12:20pm] ardissone|food: at what point do we turn off the 1.8.0 builds?
[12:20pm] mento: soon
[12:21pm] mento: maya can go over to doing 1.5 tests
[12:21pm] ardissone|food: they're useful in comparing perf-suckage-since-1.8.0, but otherwise not so much
[12:21pm] ardissone|food: are you going to go PPC-only on maya, too?
[12:22pm] mento: i've gone back and forth on that.  on one hand, i want to, but on the other, i like coverage of the reverse cross build
[12:23pm] ardissone|food: mm
[12:23pm] ardissone|food: on to SoC?
[12:24pm] ardissone|food: dun-dun-dun
[12:24pm] jeff: titles landed
[12:24pm] jeff: I will have another patch up for disabling buttons/menus tonight if I have time
[12:25pm] smorgan: I got derailed on my trunk thumbnail code, but I'll post it when I can
[12:25pm] smorgan: It's done now modulo a problem I'm going to punt on
[12:25pm] jeff: started working on fixing the scaling issue when the user resizes the window
[12:26pm] jeff: thats all from the land of tabspose
[12:26pm] peeja: bookmarks and toolbar items are both awaiting sr now
[12:27pm] peeja: and when bookmarks gets sr+ I can actually get some money for all this 
[12:27pm] mento: ahha
[12:28pm] peeja: that's all the news from applescriptville
[12:28pm] ardissone|food:
[12:28pm] ardissone|food: peeja blogged about the toolbar scripts, too
[12:28pm] peeja: i did, in fact
[12:29pm] peeja: and wrestled with photoshop for a while too
[12:30pm] ardissone|food: ok
[12:30pm] ardissone|food: so, the sr queue is happy
[12:30pm] ardissone|food: the r queue is just as unhappy as it has been, more or less
[12:30pm] ardissone|food: however
[12:31pm] mento: did a handful of reviews yesterday
[12:31pm] mento: will be taking some time off starting next week
[12:31pm] ardissone|food:
[12:32pm] ardissone|food: froodian is back, with a shiny new iMac
[12:32pm] ardissone|food: kreeger landed the first two parts of localizing chrome strings for Camino 2
[12:32pm] ardissone|food: so backlog in the r queue aside, it's been a good week
[12:33pm] ardissone|food: anyone have anything else before on to bugs?
[12:33pm] thebot joined the chat room.
[12:34pm] ardissone|food: let's go in reverse order for 1.6
[12:34pm] ardissone|food: bug 382009
[12:34pm] thebot: ardissone|food: Bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=382009 nor, --, ---, nick.kreeger@park.edu, RESO FIXED, Remove |nsXPIDLString| and |nsXPIDLCString| usage from Camino.
[12:34pm] ardissone|food: do we want to backport kreeger's frozen linkage stuff to the branch, to keep files more in sync?
[12:35pm] ardissone|food: that bug, and at least one more coming
[12:35pm] kreeger: I don't see why we couldn't cut to branch, unless some of the string upgrades are trunk only
[12:35pm] smorgan: Branch would be good
[12:36pm] kreeger: mento: do you have any good reasons why we should or shouldn't remove the nsXPIDLStrings from the branch?
[12:36pm] kreeger: 1.8
[12:37pm] ardissone|food: suspects he's off to lunch
[12:38pm] ardissone|food: smorgan thinks it's good, so how about checking to make sure the strings we want work on the branch as expected 
[12:38pm] kreeger: sure
[12:38pm] ardissone|food: and generating patches if they are 
[12:39pm] ardissone|food: Bug 282002
[12:39pm] kreeger: I filed a followup to remove the PromiseFlatSTring calls
[12:39pm] thebot: ardissone|food: Bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=282002 nor, P3, Camino2.0, froodian@gmail.com, RESO FIXED, Spacebar doesn't drop down <select> popup with focus
[12:39pm] kreeger: there are some other good things we can do to get on frozen linkage
[12:39pm] ardissone|food: this one's really for pinkerton or mento
[12:40pm] ardissone|food: pinkerton gave the branch patch an rs and froodian was looking for some answers to his questions instead
[12:40pm] pinkerton: sorry, i don't really remember that stuff
[12:41pm] kreeger: PR_FALSE should == NS_OK
[12:41pm] ardissone|food: who should we ask?
[12:41pm] kreeger: I would find it hard to believe if they redefined them
[12:41pm] kreeger: since NS_OK = 0, and PR_FALSE = 0
[12:42pm] ardissone|food: yet in this case, the one works and the other does not
[12:42pm] kreeger: let me look, it could be the caller handles the return code differently
[12:43pm] ardissone|food: while he looks, let me draw everyone's attention to the very empty chart at Development:Planning:Software Update
[12:43pm] ardissone|food: er
[12:43pm] ardissone|food: http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Development:Planning:Software_Update
[12:43pm] smorgan: Sorry 
[12:44pm] ardissone|food: i did some looking, but there's only so much I felt comfortable filling in
[12:44pm] jeff: I filled some out last night before bed
[12:44pm] ardissone|food: yeah, jeff uses sparkle in corripio
[12:44pm] smorgan: Sparkle doesn't seem to allow OS version stuff, but I gather than Sparkle+ does
[12:44pm] jeff: I still have to investigate https and whatnot
[12:45pm] ardissone|food: where is sparkle+ ?
[12:45pm] smorgan: But if nothing else, we could dynamically change the URL that Sparkle checks
[12:45pm] smorgan: It's a fork, it lives in code.google.com somewhere
[12:45pm] smorgan: I haven't looked at it much yet
[12:45pm] ardissone|food: is this what caused the crasher in adium?
[12:46pm] smorgan: The https part isn't about the engine we use, btw, it's about whether we have https: capability at our disposal
[12:46pm] smorgan: dunno
[12:46pm] ardissone|food: right
[12:46pm] peeja: http://ironcoder.org/blog/category/sparkleplus/
[12:46pm] smorgan: So it shouldn't be a table entry, just something we need to figure out for updates
[12:46pm] ardissone|food: whether we can get https from * without using AIS
[12:46pm] peeja: oh, you're right, http://code.google.com/p/sparkleplus/
[12:47pm] ardissone|food: er, AUS
[12:47pm] smorgan: ah
[12:47pm] ardissone|food: if we serve updates over https and can't use mozmirrors, that's a bandwidth cost
[12:48pm] smorgan: Alternately, we could, with Sparkle, sign our updates
[12:48pm] smorgan: But there's logistics there that could be a pain
[12:48pm] thebot: Build 'WINNT 5.1 tpol Depend suiterunner' has dropped from the 'SeaMonkey-Ports' tinderbox.
[12:49pm] ardissone|food: also, going forward, I'm not sure I'm fond of the prompts adn installing frameworks and prePanes that are planned for Sparkle2: http://sparkle.andymatuschak.org/wiki/Sparkle2/Storyboard
[12:49pm] kreeger: I think I might know the problem, but I'll need a debug build to be sure
[12:50pm] ardissone|food: anyway, we really do need some more dev eyes to spare a little time for working on that chart
[12:50pm] ardissone|food: kreeger: thanks
[12:50pm] thebot: Just appeared in Planet Mozilla - http://planet.mozilla.org/ : 
[12:50pm] You kicked thebot from the chat room. (shut up)
[12:51pm] ardissone|food: anyone have anything else?
[12:51pm] peeja: ardissone|food: looks like andy's at least thinking about developers who won't want to use sparkle 2
[12:51pm] kreeger: ardissone|food: my assumption is that key events are handled differently on trunk than branch (might be cocoa widget stuff, hard to tell w/o breakpoints)
[12:52pm] peeja: did we do the kqueue bug?
[12:52pm] ardissone|food: kreeger said earlier he'd get right to it
[12:52pm] peeja: ok
[12:52pm] ardissone|food: to reviewing it
[12:53pm] ardissone|food: or maybe in #camino; i can't remember where
[12:53pm] ardissone|food: but yeah, getting that ready for 1.5.2 ASAP is good 
[12:54pm] ardissone|food: ok, anything else?
[12:55pm] kreeger: nothing I have
[12:56pm] ardissone|food: ok, everyone have a good week
[12:56pm] ardissone|food: try to get to your r queues and to the update table
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox