Status Meetings:2007-09-05:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[12:14am] You changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2007-09-05:Agenda".
[12:00pm] cl was promoted to operator by you.
[12:00pm] jeff was promoted to operator by you.
[12:00pm] smorgan was promoted to operator by you.
[12:00pm] cl: right on cue
[12:00pm] _Tsk_ was promoted to operator by you.
[12:00pm] You are now known as ardissone|food.
[12:00pm] ardissone|food: still acquiring food
[12:00pm] ardissone|food: are we expecting pink or mento?
[12:01pm] cl: AIM says pink is "foooooooooood!"
[12:01pm] murph joined the chat room.
[12:01pm] pinkerton joined the chat room.
[12:01pm] pinkerton was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:01pm] pinkerton: shazam
[12:01pm] cl: magic
[12:01pm] murph was promoted to operator by cl.
[12:02pm] kreeger joined the chat room.
[12:02pm] kreeger was promoted to operator by you.
[12:03pm] ardissone|food: everyone open your  camino to http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2007-09-05:Agenda
[12:04pm] pinkerton: i'dlike to add something to the end of the agenda, so ping me if i'm not paying attentino
[12:04pm] ardissone|food: k
[12:04pm] ardissone|food: before or after "specific bugs" ?
[12:05pm] pinkerton: before
[12:05pm] ardissone|food: k
[12:05pm] ardissone|food: the 1.6 situation is pretty much the same as last week
[12:06pm] ardissone|food: smorgan's done a high-level review of batwood's one patch, and murph has posted his patch
[12:07pm] ardissone|food: did anyone have more thoughts about dates (and other blockers) for a1?
[12:07pm] ardissone|food: (sw update is already an a1 blocker)
[12:09pm] smorgan: Is SU the only a1 determiner?
[12:09pm] ardissone|food: that's my question
[12:10pm] pinkerton: is tab scrolling in 16?
[12:10pm] ardissone|food: yes, it's the one thing that's essentially landed
[12:10pm] pinkerton: ok, just curious if there were any heinous blockers there
[12:10pm] ardissone|food: there are some bugs left on it, and some polish, like animation, but it's pretty solid
[12:10pm] pinkerton: besides "this is t3h suCK, u a11 SUX0rz
[12:11pm] ardissone|food: we have the overflow menu bug
[12:11pm] ardissone|food: which maybe we should get feedback on in a1
[12:11pm] pinkerton: ok
[12:11pm] ardissone|food: that's bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=376930
[12:12pm] smorgan: breakpad would be nice for a1, but I have no idea if that's realistic
[12:12pm] smorgan: I'll try hard to get my bit done this weekend
[12:12pm] ardissone|food: we'd need mento to do hookup stuff, right?
[12:12pm] smorgan: yep
[12:12pm] ardissone|food: so maybe we a1? it
[12:13pm] smorgan: Sure, that'll remind us to ask mento
[12:14pm] ardissone|food: k
[12:14pm] ardissone|food: any other thoughts on a1?
[12:14pm] peeja joined the chat room.
[12:14pm] peeja was promoted to operator by you.
[12:15pm] ardissone|food: we'll have AS for a1, too
[12:15pm] ardissone|food: the eat your bookmark folder bug might also be a potential a1 blocker, though
[12:16pm] ardissone|food: peeja: will you have time to dig into that in the next couple of weeks?
[12:16pm] peeja: yeah, probably tomorrow
[12:16pm] ardissone|food:
[12:17pm] ardissone|food: not shipping a1 with known dataloss issues in a new feature would be nice
[12:17pm] peeja: I can't guarantee when I'll figure it out though, those machinations are odd
[12:17pm] ardissone|food: sure
[12:18pm] ardissone|food: anything else on a1?
[12:20pm] ardissone|food: ok, 1.5.1
[12:20pm] ardissone|food: Nothing terribly exciting new in talkback
[12:20pm] ardissone|food: smorgan has identified another possible cause of "camino stops working" bug
[12:21pm] ardissone|food: kreeger: how is the review of the kqueue patch going?
[12:21pm] cl left the chat room. (Connection reset by peer)
[12:22pm] cl joined the chat room.
[12:22pm] cl was promoted to operator by you.
[12:22pm] kreeger: ardissone|food: sorry, I was trying to get to it but I was out of town all weekend-through yesterday
[12:22pm] kreeger: ill try and find some down time today
[12:22pm] ardissone|food: k
[12:23pm] ardissone|food: anyone hearing of any other 1.5.1 issues i've somehow not heard about? 
[12:24pm] ardissone|food: 1.0.6
[12:24pm] ardissone|food: we released last week
[12:25pm] ardissone|food: so far i've heard nothing, which i take as a good sign 
[12:25pm] ardissone|food: mento was talking about turning off the 1.8.0 builds soon-ish
[12:26pm] ardissone|food: and add a 1.5.x to maya
[12:26pm] ardissone|food: er, that covers tinderboxen, too 
[12:26pm] ardissone|food: dun-dun-dun
[12:27pm] ardissone|food: maybe our final SoC update?
[12:27pm] peeja: probably not 
[12:27pm] cl: looks at peeja and jeff expectantly
[12:27pm] peeja: (from me anyway)
[12:27pm] peeja: bookmarks is done, toolbar items awaits sr
[12:28pm] peeja: next step is testing, which is slow since the semester's just started
[12:28pm] ardissone|food: and bug-fixing 
[12:28pm] peeja: and then various necessary bugs
[12:28pm] peeja: yes
[12:28pm] peeja: and then I'm calling the project done
[12:29pm] jeff: so for tabspose
[12:29pm] jeff: I still have stuff to do, I have had a busy week (moved back to Boston) but I should have some patches up in the the coming days
[12:30pm] smorgan: realizes he never posted his patch
[12:30pm] ardissone|food: do we think Tabsposé can be in shape for 1.6?
[12:31pm] cl: is there really anything horrible blocking it other than plugin crashes?
[12:31pm] cl: that's obviously a blocker, but I can't think of anything else that's on the "this issue makes it completely unusable" list
[12:32pm] jeff: not really, the major stuff that's needed is disabling other features in camino and a menu item/button
[12:32pm] jeff: and sometime we'll have to decide on a good key command
[12:32pm] ardissone|food: (for the actual 1.6 release, we'd want some manner of polish over just not crashing)
[12:32pm] cl: that sounds like a definite 1.6 possibility then.
[12:32pm] cl: the disabling has a patch, right?
[12:32pm] cl: or almost a patch?
[12:33pm] jeff: yea almost, i'll have that up for a second r+ soon
[12:33pm] ardissone|food:
[12:33pm] cl: the menu/toolbar item will be trivial, except for making an icon, which may prove to be difficult since Hicks is very busy and Jasper is gone 
[12:33pm] cl: unless we have other resident artists who can be called upon for htat
[12:33pm] cl: *that
[12:33pm] ardissone|food: sam has some people
[12:34pm] cl: can sam have those people look at bug 189930 too, then? 
[12:34pm] peeja: has to go; will read log
[12:34pm] ardissone|food: k
[12:34pm] peeja left the chat room.
[12:35pm] ardissone|food: there's a wiki page for bugs that need art
[12:35pm] ardissone|food: btw
[12:35pm] cl: oh, is there?
[12:35pm] cl: i'll go find it.
[12:35pm] cl: please continue with your normally scheduled meeting 
[12:36pm] ardissone|food: http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Development:Planning:NeededGraphics
[12:36pm] ardissone|food: ok
[12:36pm] ardissone|food: this is the point where i poke our code reviewers every week 
[12:36pm] ardissone|food: we sit about 9-12 patches every week
[12:37pm] ardissone|food: so just continue minding your queues
[12:37pm] pinkerton: cracks open a g5 to look for coolant leak
[12:37pm] ardissone|food: uh-oh
[12:37pm] pinkerton: my rss feed says i have 3 sr's
[12:37pm] ardissone|food: you've done very well with the sr queue 
[12:38pm] ardissone|food: pinkerton: your turn, if you're not deep in coolant
[12:38pm] pinkerton: ok
[12:38pm] pinkerton: so several people around google lately, and i thought i saw someone on the mailing list bitch, that camino (and perhaps ff) has started freaking out of late and hanging a lot
[12:39pm] pinkerton: our PM switched back to safari cuz it was so bad
[12:39pm] ardissone|food:
[12:39pm] pinkerton: i haven't seen any problems
[12:39pm] kreeger: trunk?
[12:39pm] cl: do we know which version these people are running?
[12:39pm] pinkerton: i would asssume 1.5
[12:39pm] cl: because we keep seeing people on feedback complaining that 1.5.1 sucks too
[12:39pm] pinkerton: but i'm not certain
[12:39pm] pinkerton: when did we push .1?
[12:40pm] smorgan: It appears to be some kind of proxy and/or location switching madness
[12:40pm] ardissone|food: 2-3 weeks ago
[12:40pm] cl: however, none of them have filed bugs that I can tell (or that weren't already known issues with previous versions)
[12:40pm] ardissone|food: ew
[12:40pm] cl: oh, proxy stuff
[12:40pm] pinkerton: ah, well, that seems to jive with the timeline
[12:40pm] cl: great.
[12:40pm] ardissone|food: hates our proxy stuff
[12:40pm] pinkerton: did firefox get proxy setting from the OS for its latest push?
[12:40pm] pinkerton: could that have fucked us somehow?
[12:40pm] cl: yeah, we have several shit-tacular proxy bugs that we can't troubleshoot because we don't know anything about proxies 
[12:40pm] ardissone|food: i can't imagine them doing that
[12:40pm] cl: and don't have any way to test them
[12:41pm] cl: it wouldn't have fucked us, but it might explain why FF suddenly has our problems 
[12:41pm] pinkerton: heh
[12:41pm] pinkerton: just something to keep an eye out for, i guess
[12:41pm] ardissone|food: that's not a N.0.0.x release item, though
[12:41pm] pinkerton: i don't have details, just a bunch of annecdotal evidence something's wrong
[12:41pm] cl: yeah, that's about how it's gone on feedback too, from what I can tell
[12:41pm] cl: just anecdotal reports
[12:42pm] ardissone|food: is it real hanging, or stopping working?
[12:42pm] cl: what we need is someone who sees these problems and can reproduce them to file specific bugs on the problems 
[12:42pm] ardissone|food: what smorgan mentioned sounds like it could be bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=351678
[12:44pm] ardissone|food: if it's somehow bug 197122, benc's told us more-or-less how to fix that one
[12:45pm] ardissone|food: (and possibly how to fix bug 324424 as well)
[12:45pm] ardissone|food: but the hard bugs are still hard
[12:45pm] pinkerton: but why all of a sudden?
[12:46pm] smorgan: pinkerton: everything about the problem here points to a network configuration change
[12:46pm] smorgan: Literally overnight, FF and Camino simultaneously freaked out for a bunch of people
[12:46pm] smorgan: So I don't think it's a regression
[12:47pm] ardissone|food: if people see it on 1.5 and 1.5.1, that would confirm that theory
[12:47pm] pinkerton: ok
[12:47pm] pinkerton: i had no problems when i was there last week
[12:47pm] pinkerton: but i wasnt on wireless, maybe?
[12:47pm] smorgan: I've never had problems either
[12:47pm] pinkerton: rose is a lot, right?
[12:48pm] smorgan: I'm on both (although mostly wired)
[12:48pm] pinkerton: ok, well, i guess just keep our eye on it. that's all.
[12:48pm] cl: and keep encouraging people to file bugs, please
[12:48pm] pinkerton: heh
[12:49pm] cl: it would be awesome if we could get someone who's affected by it to help us out with troubleshooting.
[12:49pm] ardissone|food: cl will promise not to be mean to them 
[12:50pm] ardissone|food: there's some scary nspr logging you can do if it's network related
[12:50pm] ardissone|food: that may or may not provide anything useful
[12:50pm] ardissone|food: unless you hunt down darin 
[12:51pm] ardissone|food: wrt specific bugs, it's the same as last week
[12:52pm] ardissone|food: minus the select thing, which landed
[12:52pm] smorgan: I updated the table some this morning
[12:52pm] smorgan: But I have no idea about any of the server-side stuff
[12:52pm] ardissone|food: i see
[12:53pm] ardissone|food: i guess we need to ask sam to look at some of that
[12:53pm] ardissone|food: (whether we can get https to serve notices and downloads, right?)
[12:53pm] smorgan: Yes
[12:54pm] ardissone|food: ok, let's remember to poke sam 
[12:55pm] ardissone|food: he seems most available at 4am Eastern, when i am fast asleep 
[12:55pm] ardissone|food: anyone have anything else?
[12:55pm] cl: haha
[12:56pm] jeff left the chat room. (Quit: Ex-Chat)
[12:57pm] ardissone|food: ok then, everyone have a good week
[12:57pm] ardissone|food: mind your patches and queues, and keep an eye out for these freak-out bugs
[12:58pm] pinkerton: :)
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox