Status Meetings:2007-11-28:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[02:42am] You were promoted to operator by chanserv.
[02:43am] You changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2007-11-28:Agenda".
[11:00am] ampcoder joined the chat room.
[11:41am] jeff joined the chat room.
[11:54am] ampcoder left the chat room. (Quit: ampcoder)
[11:58am] smorgan joined the chat room.
[12:02pm] murph joined the chat room.
[12:03pm] cl|zzz is now known as cl.
[12:04pm] You are now known as ardissone|foraging.
[12:04pm] cl was promoted to operator by you.
[12:04pm] smorgan was promoted to operator by you.
[12:04pm] murph was promoted to operator by you.
[12:04pm] jeff was promoted to operator by cl.
[12:04pm] ardissone|foraging: do we expect pink/mento?
[12:05pm] cl: pink's not on AIM
[12:06pm] smorgan: He probably won't be here, no
[12:06pm] smorgan: Or he will
[12:07pm] pinkerton joined the chat room.
[12:07pm] pinkerton was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:07pm] pinkerton: moof
[12:07pm] ardissone|foraging: mooooof
[12:07pm] pinkerton: i'm preparing for a presentation tomorrow, so i'll be mostly unresponsive
[12:07pm] ardissone|foraging: k
[12:07pm] pinkerton: but i wanted to show my love and eternal adoration
[12:07pm] ardissone|foraging:
[12:08pm] ardissone|foraging: watches pink's adoring fans clap
[12:08pm] ardissone|foraging: everyone open your Camino to http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2007-11-28:Agenda
[12:08pm] pinkerton: mmm
[12:09pm] ardissone|foraging: the big news of the week is swupdate landed 
[12:10pm] ardissone|foraging: (and possibly caused a Ts regression)
[12:10pm] mento joined the chat room.
[12:10pm] mento was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:10pm] mento was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:10pm] ardissone|foraging: oh, yay!
[12:10pm] pinkerton: yay! (to swupdated)
[12:10pm] mento: good afternoonmorning
[12:10pm] ardissone|foraging: good aftermento!
[12:10pm] ardissone|foraging: we just got started
[12:10pm] ardissone|foraging: [12:08pm] ardissone|foraging: everyone open your Camino to http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2007-11-28:Agenda
[12:11pm] ardissone|foraging: [12:08pm] pinkerton: mmm
[12:11pm] ardissone|foraging: [12:09pm] ardissone|foraging: the big news of the week is swupdate landed
[12:11pm] ardissone|foraging: [12:10pm] ardissone|foraging: (and possibly caused a Ts regression)
[12:12pm] ardissone|foraging: everyone can read the 1.6 summary; basically, the patches are moving along to needs-new-patch and new-patch-needs-re-review
[12:13pm] ardissone|foraging: we've got a lot of good things in the works for post-a1
[12:13pm] smorgan: I thought I'd have engine editor's review done today, but unfonutanely didn't have time
[12:13pm] smorgan: I expect to do it by end of week though
[12:13pm] jeff: I made a quick video of tab dragging at http://drop.jeffd.org/vapordrag.mov
[12:13pm] jeff: you can see some of the drawing bugs, but I am polishing them up atm
[12:14pm] ardissone|foraging: nice 
[12:15pm] smorgan: Ooh, animation
[12:15pm] pinkerton: ohhhhhhhh that's hot
[12:15pm] ampcoder joined the chat room.
[12:15pm] ampcoder left the chat room.
[12:15pm] ampcoder joined the chat room.
[12:16pm] ardissone|foraging: question: is it just me and my internet, or does pageload feel slower since the spinners landed?
[12:17pm] cl: jeff: i like that one of the tabs is "vaporware" 
[12:17pm] cl: ardissone|foraging: it might not be entirely you
[12:17pm] smorgan: all of them are 
[12:17pm] jeff:
[12:17pm] cl: although google seems as fast as always
[12:18pm] cl: and it seems like the slowdown, if any, would be most noticeable on really light pages.
[12:18pm] smorgan: We can always go with the static indicator approach if it's an issue
[12:19pm] ardissone|foraging: you can see a slight increase on maya, and maybe on boxset
[12:19pm] smorgan: They don't have tabs, do they?
[12:19pm] ardissone|foraging: i don't know
[12:19pm] ardissone|foraging: i'd think not
[12:19pm] pinkerton: i'd think not too
[12:19pm] ardissone|foraging: mento: ^^^
[12:19pm] smorgan: I think we discussed this, and they don't so the pageload tests don't actually help us here
[12:20pm] mento: they don't have tabs
[12:20pm] ardissone|foraging: ok
[12:21pm] ardissone|foraging: we can do more on that later
[12:21pm] ardissone|foraging: let's keep moving
[12:21pm] ardissone|foraging: now that swupdate has landed, what of its ancillary bugs are needed *before* we can ship 1.6a1?
[12:22pm] smorgan: None (hopefully)
[12:22pm] ardissone|foraging: (strip l10n, tinderbox/server stuff, Ts)
[12:22pm] smorgan: I am about to do an actual test from what's up now
[12:22pm] ardissone|foraging: ok
[12:22pm] smorgan: Well, once my build is done
[12:23pm] smorgan: Unless there are issues, I think we could push now from a SU perspective
[12:23pm] ardissone|foraging: so the plan is to start "deploying" it in the post-a1 release, right
[12:23pm] ardissone|foraging: a1-->b1
[12:23pm] smorgan: I think we wanted to update a1 to the next a/b
[12:23pm] smorgan: yeah
[12:23pm] ardissone|foraging: ok, just making sure we were all in the same place
[12:24pm] ardissone|foraging: so, pending smorgan's test, a1 is blocked on the xpt/component audit and relnotes
[12:25pm] ardissone|foraging: coincidentally, that's like what's blocking 1.5.4 (that, and Gecko)
[12:25pm] ardissone|foraging: 1.8.1.11 is coming probably this week
[12:25pm] mento: i'm actually setting up 1.5.x for the diffs as we speak
[12:25pm] ardissone|foraging: yay 
[12:25pm] cl: are we going to do anything about the tab menu running all up over the top right of the screen before a1?
[12:25pm] ardissone|foraging: cl: we've slated that for "collect feedback in a1"
[12:26pm] cl: as in "collect feedback on the present approach" ?
[12:26pm] ardissone|foraging: yes
[12:26pm] cl: k
[12:27pm] ardissone|foraging: mento: if you have any new thoughts on the "Improved compat with DHTML..." line, let me know
[12:27pm] mento: hey, i came up with that line!
[12:27pm] ardissone|foraging: otherwise i will reland the notes with just s/1.8.1.10/1.8.1.11/
[12:27pm] mento: although, admittedly, not much thought went into it
[12:27pm] ardissone|foraging: smorgan and i couldn't come up with anything spiffier
[12:28pm] mento: it's boring but it says what it needs to say efficiently
[12:28pm] ardissone|foraging: i told ss i'd hold off on s/10/11/ until we talked today
[12:28pm] smorgan: Well, my version was spiffier, just not as informative
[12:28pm] mento: not exactly an exciting fix
[12:28pm] ardissone|foraging: right 
[12:28pm] mento: who cares about web site compatibility these days, anyway?  
[12:28pm] ardissone|foraging: or we could go with "sucking less, on a budget"
[12:29pm] ardissone|foraging: if pink won't sue
[12:29pm] ardissone|foraging: alrighty; i'll just reland with the version change and get l10n going
[12:29pm] ardissone|foraging: oh
[12:30pm] ardissone|foraging: since we have working LSFileQuarantineExclusions patch now
[12:30pm] ardissone|foraging: 1.5.4 or wait for 1.5.5?
[12:30pm] mento: maybe someone can tell me why i never ever see anything i download in camino quarantined
[12:30pm] ardissone|foraging: ew
[12:30pm] smorgan: spite?
[12:30pm] mento:
[12:31pm] ardissone|foraging: folder action script to de-quarantine? 
[12:31pm] ardissone|foraging: that's all the rage, i hear
[12:31pm] mento: i don't particularly mind personally, but from what i hear, features should work as advertised
[12:31pm] ardissone|foraging: mhm
[12:31pm] smorgan: WFM
[12:31pm] smorgan: Probably user error 
[12:32pm] smorgan: Does quarantine work for you in other apps?
[12:32pm] ardissone|foraging: oh, hmm
[12:32pm] ardissone|foraging: oh, nm
[12:32pm] mento: it works in safari
[12:33pm] ardissone|foraging: (curl is not quarantined, and the last things I downloaded were via curl  )
[12:33pm] mento: stupid apple
[12:33pm] ardissone|foraging: suspects he should have reported that to apple instead of saying it in a public channel
[12:35pm] ardissone|foraging: getting back to my question, should we take the Exclusions patch now, or next 1.5.x?
[12:35pm] smorgan: May as well take it, if it's easy
[12:35pm] mento: *should* be safe
[12:36pm] ardissone|foraging: it's a plist patch, so i can't see how that's not easy
[12:36pm] ardissone|foraging:
[12:37pm] ardissone|foraging: 2 plists to patch, but otherwise
[12:37pm] ardissone|foraging: i'll put it on my landing list for today
[12:38pm] ardissone|foraging: anything else about 1.5.4?
[12:40pm] ardissone|foraging: ok, anything else on 1.6a1, since we slid out of it and into 1.5.4?
[12:40pm] ardissone|foraging: (or 1.6 in general)
[12:41pm] ardissone|foraging: what's a reasonable release date target for a1?
[12:42pm] ardissone|foraging: can we get a build ready next week, and then release the following Tuesday?
[12:42pm] ardissone|foraging: is that too soon? too slow?
[12:43pm] ardissone|foraging: mento smorgan ^^^
[12:44pm] smorgan: Soon is good for me; it's mostly up to mento's time
[12:44pm] ardissone|foraging: mhm
[12:44pm] ardissone|foraging: !clone mento
[12:47pm] ardissone|foraging: ok
[12:47pm] ardissone|foraging: anything else today?
[12:48pm] cl left the chat room. (Ping timeout)
[12:49pm] cl joined the chat room.
[12:53pm] ardissone|foraging: ok then
[12:53pm] ardissone|foraging: everyone have a good week, work on your patches and reviews 
[12:53pm] ardissone|foraging: and bundle up; it's cold outside, and we don't want anyone catching a cold 
[12:54pm] cl: don't forget to change the /topic to the log once it's posted
[12:59pm] jeff left the chat room.
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox