Status Meetings:2008-01-09:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[02:10am] You were promoted to operator by chanserv.
[02:10am] You changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2008-01-09:Agenda".
[11:19am] AmpCoder|Class is now known as AmpCoder.
[11:26am] cl joined the chat room.
[11:44am] murph joined the chat room.
[11:49am] jeff joined the chat room.
[11:57am] cl: brb
[12:00pm] cl was promoted to operator by you.
[12:00pm] jeff was promoted to operator by you.
[12:00pm] murph was promoted to operator by you.
[12:00pm] cl left the chat room. (Ping timeout)
[12:00pm] cl joined the chat room.
[12:00pm] cl was promoted to operator by you.
[12:00pm] cl: and...back.
[12:00pm] cl: ty
[12:00pm] mento joined the chat room.
[12:00pm] mento was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:01pm] cl: opens the agenda
[12:01pm] peeja joined the chat room.
[12:01pm] smorgan joined the chat room.
[12:01pm] peeja was promoted to operator by you.
[12:01pm] smorgan was promoted to operator by you.
[12:01pm] smorgan: oh hey, it's wednesday
[12:01pm] cl: heh
[12:01pm] ardissone: are we expecting pink?
[12:01pm] cl: he's on AIM
[12:01pm] ardissone: yeah, i had that same thought about 1:30 am today 
[12:01pm] smorgan: and in #camino...
[12:02pm] kreeger joined the chat room.
[12:02pm] ardissone: oops, i missed him there 
[12:02pm] kreeger was promoted to operator by you.
[12:02pm] pinkerton joined the chat room.
[12:02pm] pinkerton was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:02pm] You are now known as ardissone|foraging.
[12:02pm] ardissone|foraging: looks like the gang's all here 
[12:02pm] kreeger left the chat room. (Quit: kreeger)
[12:03pm] cl: excellent.
[12:03pm] cl: ...and there went kreeger.
[12:03pm] ardissone|foraging: everyone please open your caminos (hopefully a1 or newer) to http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2008-01-09:Agenda
[12:03pm] pinkerton: i need food
[12:03pm] kreeger joined the chat room.
[12:03pm] kreeger was promoted to operator by you.
[12:04pm] ardissone|foraging: DCCs pink some lunch 
[12:04pm] pinkerton: chimichanga time
[12:04pm] cl: pats murph on the back for the latest search patches
[12:04pm] ardissone|foraging: shall we get started while you wrangle some chimichangas?
[12:05pm] kreeger left the chat room. (Quit: kreeger)
[12:05pm] murph: thanks cl  
[12:05pm] ardissone|foraging: i'll get those in today
[12:06pm] cl: ah, the sweet smell of progress
[12:06pm] ardissone|foraging: nothing really new to report about a1
[12:07pm] ardissone|foraging: not many people seem to be using it
[12:07pm] ardissone|foraging: i guess we can ask about bouncer numbers to confirm that
[12:07pm] ardissone|foraging: anyway
[12:07pm] ardissone|foraging: b1
[12:07pm] ardissone|foraging: plan is to release it mid-next week
[12:07pm] ardissone|foraging: when do we want to freeze?
[12:07pm] cl: are we still planning strings freeze for b1, or are we for sure going to do a b2?
[12:08pm] ardissone|foraging: b2 is for-sure
[12:08pm] ardissone|foraging: feature/string freeze is b2
[12:08pm] mento: my mom uses a1
[12:08pm] mento: or actually a1+
[12:08pm] ardissone|foraging:
[12:08pm] ardissone|foraging: whatever build has her fix 
[12:09pm] mento: the first official nightly after her fix went in 
[12:09pm] ardissone|foraging: and she hasn't reported more bugs yet, so that's good 
[12:09pm] mento: b1 for next week, hopefully with batwood's multiple-login patch
[12:09pm] mento: heh
[12:09pm] ardissone|foraging: yeah, that's the only thing we'll consider holding it for, i think
[12:10pm] ardissone|foraging: unless someone gets close to the js triggers for search
[12:10pm] smorgan: I'm trying
[12:10pm] ardissone|foraging: cool
[12:10pm] smorgan: I wrote something that I thought would work last night
[12:10pm] smorgan: but the function isn't JS-accessible, and I don't know why
[12:10pm] ardissone|foraging: heh
[12:10pm] smorgan: So I can't really predict how that will turn out
[12:11pm] ardissone|foraging: go-go-gadget Gecko 
[12:11pm] smorgan: although I have one idea that may have been a stupid mistake on my part
[12:11pm] smorgan: if that's it, we should be set 
[12:11pm] pinkerton: smorgan: did you find anything about tvl's delays at startup?
[12:12pm] smorgan: It shouldn't be Sparkle, as that work is all on another thread
[12:12pm] pinkerton: odd
[12:12pm] smorgan: he's supposed to try to grab a sample
[12:12pm] pinkerton: k
[12:12pm] ardissone|foraging: (though we did see a Ts regression with the sparkle landing)
[12:12pm] ardissone|foraging: on boxset
[12:13pm] smorgan: yeah, there could be something I'm not seeing in the code
[12:14pm] ardissone|foraging: ok, anything else on b1 specifically?
[12:15pm] ardissone|foraging: 1.6 in general:
[12:15pm] ardissone|foraging: there are 2-3 AppleScript bugs we'd like peeja to fix for 1.6
[12:16pm] peeja: I've got a building tree now
[12:16pm] peeja: so that's forthcoming
[12:16pm] peeja: in a near-ish way 
[12:16pm] ardissone|foraging:
[12:16pm] jeff: I've fixed some bugs from my last DnD patch, so a new one will be coming tonight
[12:17pm] ardissone|foraging:
[12:17pm] ardissone|foraging: we've mostly covered swupdate
[12:18pm] ardissone|foraging: the multiple accounts per site keychain patch is in mento's sr queue
[12:18pm] mento: yes
[12:18pm] mento: i will sr it
[12:18pm] mento: (or sr- it, whatever...)
[12:18pm] ardissone|foraging: given the 15 rounds with smorgan, hopefully sr+
[12:18pm] mento: i'm optimistic
[12:19pm] ardissone|foraging:
[12:19pm] mento: brian had some questions about rollup, so we'll try to figure something out for that too
[12:20pm] ardissone|foraging: as mentioned in the pre-meeting chatter, we've got two patches from murph (editor, opensearch) ready to go in today
[12:21pm] ardissone|foraging: murph: what do you think is the likelihood of the fixed key loop?
[12:21pm] ardissone|foraging: for b2 (another 3 weeks? after b1)
[12:23pm] ardissone|foraging: er, we'll get back to that, then
[12:23pm] ardissone|foraging: i've got the AS feed handler stuff mostly sitting in queues
[12:24pm] ardissone|foraging: i don't know if it's a priority for us or not
[12:25pm] ardissone|foraging: the makefile part doesn't quite work, which is the big issue
[12:25pm] ardissone|foraging: or, at least i hope the big issue 
[12:25pm] ardissone|foraging: ss: where are we with the tabs/bm bar refresh?
[12:26pm] ardissone|foraging: i know he's contacted at least one person about touching up the toolbar icons to make them more distinct on 10.5
[12:26pm] ardissone|foraging: i think i linked an article explaining the tweaks last week
[12:27pm] ardissone|foraging: breakpad?
[12:28pm] smorgan: Is the reporter ready to be copied yet?
[12:28pm] ardissone|foraging: it's in mento's r queue
[12:28pm] smorgan: I had held off once you cc'd me on the big rewrite
[12:29pm] mento: it's in my r queue, correct
[12:29pm] ardissone|foraging: yeah, ted posted new stuff last night addressing just about everything
[12:30pm] ardissone|foraging: i haven't played with the new version yet tho
[12:30pm] ardissone|foraging: anything else specifically about 1.6?
[12:31pm] AmpCoder is now known as AmpCoder|Class.
[12:32pm] ardissone|foraging: ok
[12:32pm] ardissone|foraging: nothing new on the 1.5.x front
[12:32pm] ardissone|foraging: the top crashes just switch places 
[12:32pm] cl: heh
[12:33pm] ardissone|foraging: 1.8.1.12 is due on 5 Feb
[12:33pm] ardissone|foraging: so we'll take out three of the top sigs
[12:33pm] ardissone|foraging: tinderboxen:
[12:34pm] ardissone|foraging: waiting for new news on mini-binus and mini-mayaTrunk
[12:34pm] ardissone|foraging: i think last week mento told us "expect movement soon" or something
[12:35pm] mento: soon
[12:35pm] ardissone|foraging: when there are no unfixed bugs left 
[12:35pm] mento: dammit
[12:35pm] ardissone|foraging:
[12:35pm] mento: grep -ri dhass mozilla/camino
[12:36pm] mento: that wouldn't work anyway, i'd need to correct my spelling, but whatever
[12:36pm] ardissone|foraging: ?
[12:36pm] mento: should be haasd
[12:37pm] ardissone|foraging: yes
[12:37pm] murph: ardissone|foraging: sorry, I stepped out for a sec… there's a good chance I can finish a solution for the key view loop in 3 weeks time
[12:37pm] ardissone|foraging: josh + an h 
[12:37pm] ardissone|foraging: murph: 
[12:38pm] AmpCoder|Class left the chat room. (Ping timeout)
[12:38pm] ardissone|foraging: the date for b2 is foggy atm; it mostly depends on jeff and some of the UI work
[12:38pm] ardissone|foraging: er, and
[12:39pm] ardissone|foraging: as of last night, we'd fixed 32 bugs since last meeting
[12:39pm] ardissone|foraging: everyone give a big pat on the back
[12:39pm] mento: hot
[12:39pm] ardissone|foraging: the r queue is mostly full of hot new patches
[12:39pm] ardissone|foraging: instead of older ones
[12:40pm] ardissone|foraging: i do want to harp a bit on the "i have a wip/working code-but-never-attached-patches" bugs
[12:41pm] ardissone|foraging: we've been hitting these a bit lately when someone new comes and wants to finish
[12:41pm] pinkerton: kewl!
[12:41pm] ardissone|foraging: but there's no work available to finish because the person is gone or it's lost
[12:42pm] cl: ardissone|foraging: did you have specific bugs in mind? Other than the .mac sync, I mean 
[12:42pm] ardissone|foraging: so we all need to make an effort to post WIP patches, even if they're not working right/not complete/etc. so that if something happens, there's still code
[12:42pm] ardissone|foraging: any of Wevah's bugs 
[12:43pm] ardissone|foraging: there are others, too, but i can't place them specifically
[12:43pm] cl: oh yeah, the menubar stuff Wevah was working on
[12:43pm] cl: we need to keep pestering him for that code.
[12:43pm] cl: although I thought he posted a patch for the lock icon in the menubar
[12:43pm] ardissone|foraging: on the flip side, there are a number of bugs where we have old patches from the Chim days that people have resurrected
[12:44pm] ardissone|foraging: because there were patches
[12:44pm] mento: even if you don't plan on getting lost, putting a wip patch on a bug is good insurance against accidentally losing your tree or your hard drive or your computer
[12:44pm] ardissone|foraging: right
[12:44pm] pinkerton: or the proverbial bus
[12:44pm] cl: ah yeah, he did post one there
[12:44pm] cl: and he hasn't answered smokey's post as of 28 October, so I'm betting someone else should just take that and fix it.
[12:44pm] mento: lunchtime.
[12:45pm] cl: (bug 303085)
[12:45pm] jeff: I did a little work with .mac syncing about a month ago
[12:45pm] cl: post a WIP patch, for the love of god 
[12:45pm] ardissone|foraging: lol
[12:45pm] cl: before you too get hit by a bus and disappear
[12:45pm] pinkerton: ha
[12:45pm] ardissone|foraging: making jeff what, the 4th person to wrok on that bug? 
[12:45pm] cl: I swear that bug is cursed.
[12:45pm] ardissone|foraging: yeah 
[12:46pm] jeff: the .mac documentation contains a bunch of dead links
[12:46pm] cl: Everyone who works on it goes MIA within six weeks of the announcement that they did work on it.
[12:46pm] cl: sends the Secret Service to monitor jeff and make sure he doesn't go MIA
[12:46pm] ardissone|foraging: well, we were going to revisit Bug 408593, but mento just lunched 
[12:47pm] ardissone|foraging: "Only check for the default browser once"
[12:47pm] ardissone|foraging: maybe we can do it in channel this pm
[12:48pm] ardissone|foraging: on bug 394651, my gut feeling is it'll have to be a trunk-only change
[12:48pm] ardissone|foraging: (Set "Accept cookies only from sites I visit" as default )
[12:48pm] cl: when was markus going to be back from his vacation?
[12:49pm] cl: We should just go ahead and get that in on trunk and if a branch solution comes along, great.
[12:49pm] ardissone|foraging: i didn't realize he was on vacation
[12:49pm] cl: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=175470#c13
[12:49pm] cl: I didn't either until I re-read that
[12:49pm] ardissone|foraging: ew
[12:49pm] ardissone|foraging: i just hit the "didn't paint" bug 
[12:50pm] ardissone|foraging: oh, hmm
[12:50pm] ardissone|foraging: he's done the core patch since then, iirc
[12:51pm] ardissone|foraging: anyway
[12:51pm] ardissone|foraging: that's basically all i have
[12:52pm] ardissone|foraging: we've got a few patches in Core we do hope to get fixed/approved for 1.6 (at least final)
[12:52pm] cl left the chat room. (Ping timeout)
[12:52pm] cl joined the chat room.
[12:52pm] ardissone|foraging: anyone have anything else?
[12:52pm] cl: erm, oops.
[12:53pm] cl: sure, we could use a few more eyes on the prefpane docs
[12:53pm] cl: mento's going to give it another look this afternoon
[12:53pm] cl: the document is at http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Development:Third-Party_prefPanes and the bug is bug 384800
[12:54pm] cl: jeff, murph, peeja, pinkerton, feel free to jump in with anything you think is useful
[12:54pm] ampcoder joined the chat room.
[12:54pm] cl: in fact, once we get this done, I'd like someone on the team to volunteer to test the instructions by writing a simple pref pane that toggles a pref or two
[12:55pm] ardissone|foraging: or we can have ampcoder do it 
[12:55pm] cl: ooh, that too.
[12:55pm] cl:
[12:56pm] cl: someone who's new, but who knows a modicum of Obj-C.
[12:57pm] ardissone|foraging: anything else from anyone?
[12:58pm] cl: not that I can think of 
[12:59pm] ardissone|foraging: ok then
[12:59pm] ardissone|foraging: everyone have a good week
[12:59pm] smorgan left the chat room.
[12:59pm] ardissone|foraging: and cl can stop looking like a spy now ;)
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox