Status Meetings:2008-06-04:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[12:36am] You were promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:37am] You changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2008-06-04:Agenda".
[07:15am] Simon joined the chat room.
[11:08am] murph joined the chat room.
[12:02pm] smorgan joined the chat room.
[12:09pm] cl was promoted to operator by you.
[12:09pm] delliott was promoted to operator by you.
[12:09pm] murph was promoted to operator by you.
[12:09pm] smorgan was promoted to operator by you.
[12:09pm] ardissone: are we expecting pink or mento?
[12:11pm] ss: Let's start with the meet-up
[12:11pm] ardissone: let's toss ss to the lions first
[12:11pm] cl: here comes pink
[12:11pm] ardissone: ok
[12:11pm] ss: So far we have six "for sures" on the wiki, including our fearless master.
[12:12pm] ss: leader at least.
[12:12pm] ardissone: http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Camino_Meet-up:2008
[12:12pm] ss: Josh is a "most likely yes"
[12:12pm] ss: We'll be doing it in the city for ease of access by most of the attendees
[12:12pm] pinkerton joined the chat room.
[12:12pm] pinkerton was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:12pm] pinkerton: sorry
[12:12pm] ss: smorgan won't like me, but it's better for everyone else. 
[12:13pm] ardissone: that presumes he'll be attending 
[12:13pm] ss: Beyond that, if there's anyone who wants to come but is having trouble working out the details, let me know.
[12:13pm] ss: Both kreeger and I can house people.
[12:14pm] ss: I think that's all I have.
[12:14pm] ss: The meeting on Saturday will start at 10am
[12:14pm] ss: We'll have lunch
[12:14pm] ss: Then meet more
[12:14pm] ss: Then dinner at a restaurant
[12:15pm] ardissone: anything else on the meet-up?
[12:15pm] delliott: ardissone, I have a question for ss: For those who cannot attend, will there be a Skype dial-in or some other provision for them to be involved?
[12:15pm] ss: We can try to set that up
[12:16pm] pinkerton: good idea
[12:16pm] ss: But it's unlikely to have good volume
[12:16pm] ss: We'll give it a go
[12:16pm] delliott: ss: Thanks!
[12:16pm] ss: But yeah, we'll see how it works out. 
[12:17pm] ardissone: be sure to update your status on the wiki page, and bug sam if you have questions or are trying to figure out details
[12:17pm] ardissone: everyone make sure you have http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Camino_Meet-up:2008 open in your 1.6.1 or latest-trunk
[12:18pm] cl: suspects a laggy copy buffer
[12:18pm] ardissone: we're about two weeks into 1.6.1
[12:18pm] ardissone: the en version seems mostly OK
[12:19pm] ardissone: there are some really crazy Camino-code sections fingered in the libSystemB crashes
[12:20pm] ardissone: everything from popup-blocking to session restore to startup
[12:21pm] ardissone: so either we're falling apart, or someone's got a bad OS and keeps crashing
[12:21pm] kreeger joined the chat room.
[12:21pm] kreeger was promoted to operator by you.
[12:22pm] ardissone: i didn't get to look at the libobjc or random hex crashes last night because sam was doing talkback maintenance at the same time, and it stopped responding to me 
[12:22pm] cl: i like theory #2.
[12:23pm] ardissone: the only other issue with 1.6.1 was the spanish bookmarks mgr, which throws exceptions and/or crashes on certain OS versions
[12:24pm] smorgan: isn't clear how it works on any OS
[12:24pm] ardissone: we have a fixed ML build for that (plus the too-small Fr update window)
[12:24pm] ardissone: has no idea why 10.3.9 is just fine
[12:25pm] ardissone: at any rate, we'll push that soon
[12:25pm] ardissone: Sam's got the server running much better, but he's working with a sysadmin friend to get us on a better host
[12:26pm] ardissone: Next Gecko release is set for the end of the month
[12:27pm] ardissone: we have a few bugs to go along, if we can get them landed
[12:27pm] ardissone: which of course depends on having nightly builds
[12:27pm] pinkerton: lol
[12:27pm] ardissone: which of course depends on having working tinderboxen
[12:28pm] ardissone: last night sam got cb-minimaya up and running
[12:28pm] ardissone: it built for 8hrs and went orange
[12:28pm] ardissone: when mento gets here, he should take a look
[12:28pm] ardissone: the latest from IT is that they said Apple said cb-x1 has a corrupted OS 
[12:29pm] pinkerton: "re-install windows and call us back"
[12:29pm] ardissone: yeah
[12:30pm] ardissone: it doesn't sound like they ran the HW test, but whatever
[12:30pm] ardissone: sam also has minibinus in his posession
[12:30pm] ardissone: and will upgrade him to 10.4
[12:30pm] ardissone: and then we can have trunk on one mini and branch on the other
[12:31pm] ardissone: and maybe land patches again 
[12:31pm] ardissone: Camino 2.0
[12:31pm] ardissone: murph: tell us the good news 
[12:31pm] ardissone: (and the bad news about searchCo)
[12:32pm] murph: well, the long awaited phishing patch v1 is up for review 
[12:32pm] pinkerton: yay!
[12:32pm] murph: but, I'm debugging some problems with the data provider servers (Google :-P)
[12:32pm] pinkerton: booo!
[12:32pm] murph: I noticed today the database stream updater is returning a 404 error, so I'll figure out what's going on there
[12:33pm] murph: It has been working for me all month though, so I'm sure it's nothing majorly wrong
[12:33pm] ardissone: fwiw, those same servers are blocking the release of fx3, so it may not be entirely murph
[12:34pm] ardissone: (or even murph at all)
[12:34pm] murph: yeah, maybe not, but I should admit that I noticed Firefox pulled plenty of updates to a clean urlclassslfier3.sqlite database today
[12:34pm] ardissone: ah, i hadn't checked today
[12:35pm] murph: I'll make sure to find out what's going on though, just bad timing, since when I submitted the patch it was all working fine  
[12:35pm] ardissone: anything else from you?
[12:36pm] murph: nope, that's about it!
[12:36pm] ardissone: ok
[12:36pm] ardissone: jeff continues to avoid us 
[12:36pm] ardissone: we still have a few bugs really blocking enabling Tabsposé
[12:37pm] ardissone: thumbnail generation is really slow for more than a couple of pages
[12:38pm] ardissone: so whoever gets to tabspose next, that maybe is the first place to look
[12:38pm] ardissone: smorgan: any news on sparkle or security ui?
[12:39pm] smorgan: I spent some more time on the security UI and have proven to myself that I can make a button on the error page that calls into Camino code with the current URL
[12:39pm] ardissone:
[12:39pm] smorgan: So it should be mostly UI work at this point
[12:39pm] ardissone: cool
[12:40pm] smorgan: But there's both the new dialog and the changes to the existing security UI
[12:40pm] smorgan: I'm not sure how much work that will end up being
[12:40pm] ardissone: mhm
[12:40pm] ardissone: just go kidnap smfr 
[12:41pm] smorgan: Mostly I need to just actually work on it
[12:41pm] ardissone: are we targeting Sparkle 1.5?
[12:42pm] smorgan: Or something close; I haven't been following the release schedule
[12:43pm] ardissone: k
[12:43pm] smorgan: I still need to fix one bug unless someone else has come along and done it
[12:43pm] ardissone: there was a beta(?) this week
[12:44pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else on 2.0/2.0a1 ?
[12:46pm] ardissone: ok
[12:46pm] ardissone: we covered the meet-up and tinderboxen already
[12:46pm] ardissone: cl did some work this week on CBSamplePane and friends
[12:47pm] ardissone: it's in my queue for when i'm not doing releases or travel plans ;)
[12:47pm] ardissone: speaking of queues
[12:47pm] ardissone: please do mind them
[12:49pm] ardissone: i guess 1/3 of the queue is sam, so whoever's working on implementing !clone, hurry up :P
[12:49pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else?
[12:52pm] ardissone: ok then
[12:53pm] ardissone: everyone have a good week
[12:53pm] ardissone: work on those bugs and reviews :)
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox