Status Meetings:2009-04-08:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[02:18am] You were promoted to operator by chanserv.
[02:18am] You changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2009-04-08:Agenda".
[10:25am] cl joined the chat room.
[11:03am] ilya joined the chat room.
[11:50am] murph joined the chat room.
[12:03pm] cl was promoted to operator by you.
[12:03pm] ilya was promoted to operator by you.
[12:03pm] murph was promoted to operator by you.
[12:07pm] pinkerton joined the chat room.
[12:07pm] pinkerton was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:07pm] hendy|zzz joined the chat room.
[12:07pm] hendy|zzz was promoted to operator by you.
[12:07pm] peeja joined the chat room.
[12:08pm] peeja was promoted to operator by you.
[12:08pm] ardissone: i assume smorgan will be here shortly
[12:08pm] murph: hey guys, I have to sneak out early, but just a quick update about what I'm working on...
[12:09pm] murph: I hope to have the tab drag performance patch updated by tomorrow
[12:09pm] murph: and then I'll get back to following up the rest of the phishing bugs right away
[12:10pm] ardissone: sounds good 
[12:10pm] ardissone: pink has recently decided we need to release 2.0 
[12:10pm] pinkerton:
[12:12pm] ardissone: weell, we'll just fill in smorgan when he shows
[12:13pm] ardissone: everyone please open your 2.0b2 or newer to http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2009-04-08:Agenda
[12:14pm] ardissone: on the b2 crash front, we're back to the weekly # of crashes from before, after a dip last week
[12:14pm] ardissone: sam recently discovered he'd been double-counting 2.0b2 users
[12:14pm] ardissone: so i think we're back to 2x the users of b1 and 2x the weekly crashes of b1
[12:14pm] ardissone: so the world makes sense again 
[12:15pm] ardissone: the big increase this week came in random-hex crashes
[12:15pm] ardissone: some of them are plugins
[12:15pm] ardissone: but most are nothing useful
[12:16pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else on b2?
[12:16pm] pinkerton: crud
[12:16pm] ardissone:
[12:17pm] ardissone: pinkerton: ?
[12:17pm] pinkerton: the crash #s
[12:18pm] ardissone: well, they're consistent, which is comforting for a stable build
[12:18pm] ardissone: meaning we aren't losing people to "it's too crashy"
[12:18pm] ardissone: s/stable/fixed/
[12:18pm] pinkerton: true
[12:19pm] ardissone: we're still getting a couple of crashes for things we know have been fixed
[12:20pm] ardissone: anyway, soon we'll be getting all crashes, so no more guessing
[12:20pm] ardissone: 1.6.7's been out a week now
[12:20pm] ardissone: i think its weekly crash numbers are consistent with previous 1.6.x releases
[12:21pm] ardissone: Flash is still #1, which is good
[12:21pm] ardissone: but there are lots of assorted random hex; nearly half of the crashes when put together
[12:22pm] ardissone: 1password is back at it again 
[12:22pm] ardissone: some sort of crash in AppleEvents
[12:22pm] ardissone: also one crash with 1password *and* camitools (*and* jep) 
[12:23pm] ardissone: a couple of new crashes related to site icons
[12:23pm] ardissone: cl looked at some of them last week
[12:23pm] ardissone: but wants smorgan to have a look and see if he can think of a way to stop them
[12:24pm] ardissone: the crash is in the OS, so maybe not
[12:24pm] ardissone: http://talkback-public.mozilla.org/search/start.jsp?search=2&type=iid&id=53924999 is an example report
[12:24pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else on 1.6.7?
[12:25pm] ardissone: SoC 2009
[12:26pm] ardissone: results will be announced Apr 20 (2 mondays hence)
[12:26pm] ardissone: we had two people talk to us
[12:26pm] ardissone: so in theory we at least have two apps this year 
[12:27pm] ardissone: other than that, i guess we wait 
[12:27pm] pinkerton: cool
[12:28pm] ardissone: on to Camino 2.0 stuff
[12:28pm] ardissone: murph's given his report
[12:29pm] smorgan joined the chat room.
[12:29pm] smorgan was promoted to operator by you.
[12:29pm] smorgan: Sorry, forgot it was Wednesday 
[12:29pm] ardissone: smorgan has showed up just in time to give his report 
[12:29pm] smorgan: Ship it!
[12:29pm] ardissone: that good of a week, eh 
[12:29pm] ardissone: hahaha
[12:30pm] smorgan: Um, breakpad is in progress
[12:30pm] ardissone:
[12:30pm] smorgan: symbol generation will come shortly after initial landing, and there will be various follow-up bugs
[12:30pm] ardissone: can we scrape the Console, too?
[12:30pm] smorgan: Hopefully I'll have the pre-l10n nib changes done by the end of the week, otherwise I'll do it this weekend
[12:30pm] smorgan: Hrm
[12:31pm] smorgan: I'll have to look at that
[12:31pm] smorgan: File a follow-up once it lands I guess
[12:31pm] ardissone: k
[12:31pm] smorgan: It would probably mean framework surgery
[12:31pm] ardissone: i wasn't sure if it was something on our end or it needed to be upsteam
[12:31pm] smorgan: But maybe I could make it generic and upstream
[12:31pm] smorgan: We can tell the framework to attach a file, IIRC
[12:32pm] ardissone: it's been discussed before in firefox bugs
[12:32pm] smorgan: But we need a subset of the file at crash time
[12:32pm] ardissone: where people have non-exception data in their console
[12:32pm] ardissone: k
[12:32pm] ardissone: i can file a follow-up and we'll go from there
[12:33pm] ardissone: and the security exceptions patch is in hendy's queue; that's probably the last thing that will land there?
[12:34pm] smorgan: Should be, unless I missed something
[12:34pm] ardissone: ok
[12:34pm] ardissone: no sign of jeff again 
[12:35pm] Patrick_ joined the chat room.
[12:35pm] ardissone: we need to make sure none of the tabsposé bugs (NSControl or tab chain) will need nib changes
[12:35pm] ilya left the chat room. (Ping timeout)
[12:35pm] ardissone: or else get them in before b3
[12:36pm] ardissone: I assume hendy|zzz is really sleeping, since he was up all night with smaug 
[12:36pm] hendy|zzz: no, i'm here
[12:36pm] ardissone: 
[12:37pm] ardissone: thanks for helping smaug 
[12:37pm] hendy|zzz: np
[12:37pm] ardissone: Flashblock + UTF-8
[12:38pm] hendy|zzz: i have a couple of patches in r/sr, a patch to review for smorgan, and once those are done i'll finish off the utf-8 bugs
[12:38pm] ardissone: sounds good 
[12:39pm] hendy|zzz: that autocomplete in the location bar one will require some escapedURI/unescapedURI calls; we manipulate the underlying string too much to allow us to use a formatter in that case
[12:39pm] hendy|zzz is now known as hendy.
[12:39pm] hendy: but that's OK
[12:40pm] hendy: then once utf-8 is finally done, i was thinking i could help murph out with some of the anti-phishing bugs
[12:40pm] ardissone: sounds good
[12:41pm] ardissone: there are certainly a number of them
[12:41pm] ardissone: cl: how about those downloads prefs? 
[12:43pm] ardissone: oookay
[12:44pm] hendy is now known as hendy|zzz.
[12:44pm] ardissone:
[12:44pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else on 2.0?
[12:45pm] ilya joined the chat room.
[12:45pm] ardissone: say, maybe ilya? 
[12:45pm] ardissone: ilya: any news?
[12:46pm] ardissone: i guess not
[12:46pm] ardissone: so
[12:47pm] ardissone: big news
[12:47pm] ardissone: tree is finally open
[12:47pm] ardissone: but
[12:47pm] ilya: sorry, yeah, no news
[12:47pm] ardissone: boxset suffered massive, across-the-board T* hits
[12:47pm] ardissone: k
[12:48pm] ardissone: so either core landed a really bad patch, or boxset is unhappy
[12:48pm] pinkerton:
[12:48pm] ardissone: sam assured me he did not leave a window open
[12:49pm] ardissone: anyway, don't all land at once, and mind the perf dashboard
[12:49pm] ardissone: we're expecting another huge Ts hit from breakpad, of course
[12:50pm] ardissone: beyond that, we fixed no bugs last week due to the tree
[12:50pm] ardissone: and probably had less patch movement due to that, too
[12:51pm] ardissone: if you have a patch ready and i don't check it in today, be sure to ping me
[12:51pm] ardissone: i think that's all i have; anyone else have anything else?
[12:54pm] Patrick_: I will be checking in when I am not busy with my assignments. Even though I was not selected for Google's Summer of Code 2009. No bad feelings.
[12:54pm] ardissone:  / 
[12:55pm] ardissone: i didn't think results were out until Apr 20  :O
[12:56pm] Patrick_: I got a public review saying that I was not selected.
[12:56pm] ardissone: oh, wow
[12:56pm] ardissone: does not know how this works ;)
[12:57pm] pinkerton: maybe ss has some more insight
[12:57pm] ardissone: at any rate, we'll still be happy to see you around, Patrick_ :) 
[12:58pm] Patrick_: The message said there was someone else selected and that I had a good proposal.
[12:58pm] pinkerton: that's encouraging
[12:59pm] Patrick_: As the radio announcer says, "That is all".
[12:59pm] ardissone: :)
[12:59pm] ardissone: anyone else?
[12:59pm] pinkerton: not me
[12:59pm] ardissone: ok, then; everyone have a good week and work on those patches and queues :)
[1:00pm] pinkerton: will do
[1:00pm] pinkerton left the chat room.
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox