Status Meetings:2009-10-07:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[02:16am] You were promoted to operator by ChanServ.
[02:16am] You changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2009-10-07:Agenda".
[02:16am] cl|zzz was promoted to operator by you.
[02:19am] You left the chat by being disconnected from the server.
[02:21am] You rejoined the room.
[02:21am] You were promoted to operator by ChanServ.
[06:17am] cl|zzz is now known as cl.
[06:58am] cl left the chat room. (Quit: off to work)
[12:02pm] pinkerton joined the chat room.
[12:02pm] pinkerton was promoted to operator by ChanServ.
[12:03pm] smorgan joined the chat room.
[12:04pm] You left the chat by being disconnected from the server.
[12:06pm] You rejoined the room.
[12:06pm] You were promoted to operator by ChanServ.
[12:09pm] smorgan was promoted to operator by you.
[12:10pm] kreeger-away joined the chat room.
[12:10pm] kreeger-away was promoted to operator by you.
[12:10pm] You are now known as ardissone|foraging.
[12:11pm] pinkerton: i was early today 
[12:12pm] ardissone|foraging: indeed
[12:12pm] ardissone|foraging: everyone open your b4 or newer to http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2009-10-07:Agenda
[12:12pm] ardissone|foraging: b4
[12:13pm] ardissone|foraging: good news is that the #2 topcrasher should be fixed 
[12:13pm] ardissone|foraging: bad news is that -[NSApp sendEvent:], _objc_error/_objc_trap are staging a comeback; they're not topcrashers yet, but they're close
[12:14pm] ardissone|foraging: smorgan: did you ever talk to 1Passwd about the delegate stuff in the toolbar?
[12:14pm] ardissone|foraging: http://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/d5d68825-a7a8-434c-8b99-4c60a2090926 (and others) smell like that
[12:15pm] smorgan: They turned off support for everything after 1.6 and have said they won't support 2.0 until it's final
[12:15pm] smorgan: AFAIK that's the resolution to that issue
[12:16pm] smorgan: Presumably they'll fix it when they look at 2.0?
[12:16pm] ardissone|foraging: so these people are hacking 1P to use it?
[12:16pm] smorgan: Or have an old version
[12:16pm] ardissone|foraging: ok
[12:17pm] smorgan: If we have a serious problem at launch, we'll do an update with the delegate-nuking code I wrote
[12:17pm] ardissone|foraging: is that crash the same thing as i'm remembering from before?
[12:18pm] smorgan: I'm not sure it's quite the same, but since it involves 1Password and a toolbar delegate it seems likely to be 1Password's fault
[12:18pm] ardissone|foraging: k
[12:18pm] ardissone|foraging: anyone have anything else on b4?
[12:19pm] ardissone|foraging: 1.6.10
[12:19pm] ardissone|foraging: been out for a week and a day now
[12:20pm] ardissone|foraging: number of crashes is a bit low
[12:21pm] ardissone|foraging: Some sort of plugin is causing Gecko to crash
[12:21pm] ardissone|foraging: nsPluginInstanceOwner::GetDocument
[12:21pm] ardissone|foraging: but there's nothing useful at all in those reports 
[12:22pm] ardissone|foraging: one crash in reading the system proxy settings
[12:22pm] ardissone|foraging: bleh, i linked the line of code but not the crash report
[12:23pm] ardissone|foraging: also some crashes in -[NativeScrollbarView trackScrollButtons:], e.g. http://talkback-public.mozilla.org/search/start.jsp?search=2&type=iid&id=56442899
[12:23pm] ardissone|foraging: otherwise, nothing exceptional
[12:24pm] ardissone|foraging: anyone have anything else on 1.6.10?
[12:25pm] ardissone|foraging: ok
[12:26pm] You are now known as ardissone.
[12:27pm] ardissone: 1.6.11 nothing until the next Tb release, though smorgan has one branch crash he'll look at
[12:27pm] ardissone: Camino 2
[12:28pm] ardissone: Widget key blackhole is gone, more or less
[12:28pm] ardissone: smorgan's fixed the known regressions (waiting on sr on one, iirc)
[12:29pm] ardissone: jeff claims to be working on NSControl
[12:30pm] ardissone: i think we can probably leave the zoom increment as-is for 2.0 (or for good); only lisa has commented since the change, and she says the new setting is much better
[12:30pm] smorgan: Sounds good, let's push it
[12:30pm] ardissone: k
[12:31pm] smorgan: In fact, I'll just close it
[12:31pm] ardissone:
[12:31pm] smorgan: And if someone wants smarter increments, they can file a new bug; that'll be cleaner
[12:31pm] ardissone: as earlier, smorgan hacked around Flash+Exposé crash, so we should stop seeing that in 20branch/trunk, were we getting enough crashes there 
[12:31pm] ardissone: sounds good 
[12:32pm] ardissone: i landed a Growl.framework upgrade last night to fix the focus-stealing on 10.6
[12:33pm] ardissone: given the lack of response, and the confused nature of said response, from users of Growl, we probably could have shipped with the bug 
[12:33pm] ardissone: and only annoyed David Munch 
[12:33pm] ardissone: smorgan: any other 2.0-related updates from you?
[12:34pm] smorgan: Not at the moment
[12:34pm] ardissone: you had been looking at the tab chain issues with tabsposé, right?
[12:34pm] ardissone: s/been/started to/
[12:35pm] smorgan: Yep, I'll keep working on that
[12:35pm] ardissone: sounds good  
[12:35pm] ardissone: ss: how about those refreshed downloads icons? 
[12:36pm] ardissone: the old "show in Finder" is looking mighty tiresome to me these days 
[12:37pm] ardissone: still some serious holes in the l10n status, but at least Spanish should not miss the boat this time 
[12:38pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else on 2.0?
[12:39pm] smorgan: What's our projected date for l10n cutoff?
[12:39pm] ardissone: ?
[12:39pm] smorgan: I don't remember how long we were going to allow
[12:39pm] smorgan: (as a target, at least)
[12:40pm] ardissone: 4 weeks, give or take, from b4, depending on how we were doing with the remaining bugs
[12:40pm] ardissone: (of which there are 25 +/?/2.0target)
[12:41pm] ardissone: i haven't looked at a combined list to see if all the tabsposé bugs we were mentally targeting are in there
[12:42pm] smorgan: So that's about a week and a half off
[12:42pm] smorgan: I guess we'll take stock of bugs at that point
[12:43pm] ardissone: (looks like focus loss when closing, keyboard accessibility, and NSControl are on the two lists)
[12:43pm] ardissone: yeah
[12:43pm] ardissone: i suspect, if only you and i are fixing bugs, we won't have made much of a dent
[12:43pm] ardissone:
[12:43pm] smorgan: But most are things I'm willing to defer to a point release
[12:43pm] smorgan: We have *got* to get people off of 1.6
[12:43pm] ardissone: yes
[12:45pm] ardissone: ok, anything thing else from anyone on anything?
[12:45pm] pinkerton: heh
[12:45pm] ardissone: pinkerton: no fun hatemail this week?
[12:46pm] ardissone: (excluding those sr requests ;) )
[12:46pm] pinkerton: not that i can remember
[12:47pm] pinkerton: besides the guy last week who called us all stupid for not having a phone number for customer service
[12:47pm] ardissone: haha
[12:47pm] pinkerton: tool
[12:47pm] ardissone: you do know smorgan and i have filled your sr queue again, right?
[12:48pm] pinkerton: now i do ;)
[12:48pm] ardissone: good :)
[12:49pm] ardissone: ok, then everyone have a good week and work on those 2.0 bugs/reviews :)
[12:49pm] smorgan: If only there were some kind of RSS feed to feed you that information...
[12:50pm] ardissone: i told smorgan he'd have to write a twitter queue integration
[12:50pm] ardissone: to tweet your new sr requests and then spam you when they get old ;)
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox