Status Meetings:2010-03-10:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Log from #camino-mtg starting 2010-03-10 15:50:21 -0500

Link to a time in the log by using a URL like http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2010-03-10:Log#12:00

15:50  » ardissone was promoted to operator by ChanServ.
15:50  » smorgan was promoted to operator by ardissone.
15:50  » cl|out was promoted to operator by ardissone.
15:50  » pinkerton joined the chat room.
15:50  » pinkerton was promoted to operator by ChanServ.
15:50  » sauron joined the chat room.
15:50  » sauron was promoted to operator by ChanServ.
15:51  » ardissone changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2010-03-10:Agenda".
15:57 pinkerton: sauron: i wanted to send you a license for an app for testing. what email address should i use?
15:57 ardissone: alqahira@ is good
15:58 pinkerton: ok
15:58 ardissone: brb
16:00  » hendy joined the chat room.
16:04  » hendy was promoted to operator by ardissone.
16:04  » kreeger joined the chat room.
16:05  » kreeger was promoted to operator by ardissone.
16:05 ardissone: heh
16:05 ardissone: ok
16:06  » Wevah joined the chat room.
16:06  » Wevah was promoted to operator by ardissone.
16:06 Wevah: 'afternoon
16:06 ardissone: afternoon :)
16:06 ardissone: (evening in some parts of the world, morning in others) ;)
16:06 Wevah: well
16:06 Wevah: mozilla standard time
16:06 ardissone: everyone please open http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2010-03-10:Agenda in your Caminos
16:07 ardissone: pinkerton: have you gotten the 2.0.2 update prompt yet on that one Mac?
16:07 pinkerton: yeah, i think so
16:07 ardissone:  :)
16:07 pinkerton: too many laptops to keep straight
16:07 ardissone: haha
16:08 ardissone: 2.0.2's been out for 2 weeks as of yesterday
16:08 ardissone: the crashes are pretty much what we've been used to seeing
16:09 ardissone: the Flash beta crashes have fallen hard, so either people have gotten sick of the combination, or the latest beta is a lot less crashy
16:09 ardissone: or both :P
16:10 ardissone: that docshell crash has moved up to the #2 spot; not sure why we're seeing so much more of it now
16:11 ardissone: perhaps the js or whatever the affected sites are using is in a library that's getting deployed?
16:11 ardissone: anyway, glad we have a fix for that
16:11 ardissone: anyone have anything else on 2.0.2?
16:13 ardissone: ok
16:13 ardissone: hopefully this is the last meeting to ever mention 1.6.10 :P
16:13 ardissone: crashes there rose last week after a long time of declining :P
16:14 ardissone: Flash still only 46% of those crashes :P
16:14 ardissone: The Gecko release got pushed back from Friday to Monday
16:14 ardissone: which will be nice and allow me to do the website updates this weekend
16:15 pinkerton: heh
16:15 ardissone: I've seen no issues on 10.3.9 in my testing, so hopefully it will be a good EOL
16:15 ardissone: anything else on 1.6.x?
16:16 ardissone: Camino 2.0.3, the wheel never stops turning...until now
16:17 ardissone: Gecko release is set for 30 Mar
16:17 ardissone: this is supposed to actually be the EOL for 1.9.0
16:18 ardissone: smichaud just finished a new JEP that's supposed to fix a lot of java bugs (including the one that prevents access to Danish banks, iirc), just past the freeze
16:19 ardissone: might think about mini-branching it, or minibranching it in a future release when we have a collection of our own fixes to release
16:20 ardissone: our two open "big issues" there are the Flash exceptions list url validation (waiting on a new patch from cl|out for that)
16:20 ardissone: and the 10.6 Flash goes crazy after Camino has been hidden (waiting on !clone smorgan on that)
16:21 ardissone: anyone else have anything about 2.0.3/2.0.x?
16:23 ardissone: ok
16:23 ardissone: 2.1 stuff
16:23 ardissone: the end-of-Mork patch is in smorgan's queue for sr!
16:23 smorgan: Yay!
16:24 smorgan: Yeah, I'll look at that be EOWE
16:24 ardissone:  :)
16:25 ardissone: as I've said before, once we land that, I'll do a merge to a clean Hg testing repo and we can start having a live Hg repo for work on 1.9.2 stuff
16:25 hendy: woot
16:26 ardissone: we'll keep "cross-landing" normal stuff, but also we can pull the 1.9.2-only changes out of a megapatch into reviewable patches and land them
16:26 ardissone: after reviews
16:26 hendy: yeah, that's my no. 1 priority
16:26 hendy: getting bugs filed and patches made
16:27 ardissone: it's about #3 for me, behind releases and automation
16:27 ardissone: no updates this week from Dan, but we will continue to assume he's still working on the perf patch rewrite as he can
16:29 ardissone: cl|out's been poking some spotlight and other bugs this past week
16:29 ardissone: i think that's about all the progress to report on the 2.1 front
16:30 ardissone: anyone else have anything on the 2.1?
16:31 ardissone: pinkerton: is there a way for us to email tasks to your Get It Done so you can schedule them? ;)
16:32 pinkerton: heh
16:32 pinkerton: maybe
16:32 ardissone: you or smorgan have some time soon to look at the Summer of Code new ideas?
16:33 ardissone: and figure out if you'll be able to mentor for us again
16:34 ardissone: ss: are you still awake, and if so AppZapper? :P
16:34 pinkerton: currently, i have about 5 projects i'm sponsoring for chromium, so i would assume there would be a taker for that
16:35 pinkerton: but we may not get enough slots, who knows
16:35 ardissone: mm
16:36 ardissone: same general scarcity sort of thing in the mozilla world, i suppose
16:36 pinkerton: email me the url to look over the ideas and i'll make time to do it
16:36 ardissone: ok
16:37 ardissone: which email? the one you just used to mail me?
16:37 pinkerton: yeah, gmail
16:37 ardissone: k
16:39 ardissone: things continue to move slowly here; we landed all of 1 bug since last meeting ;) and the UNCO list keeps rising; need to find time to go attack it
16:39 ardissone: need someone to implement !clone yesterday ;)
16:40 ardissone: anyone have anything else today?
16:42 ardissone: OK then
16:42 ardissone: everyone have a good week, work on those 2.0.3 or 2.1 patches and reviews :)
16:42 pinkerton: l8r
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox