This is an overall summary of the meeting we had. If you see any issues with it, feel free to edit the page (and note where in the log you're citing from).
delliott, froodian, kreeger, smorgan, ss
Camino 1.1 alpha 1
Tentatively scheduled for October 4 or 5 (Thursday or Friday). Remaining major issues are popup blocking and autocomplete fixes.
Two potential "big" things left are software update and finishing menu cleanup. kreeger is taking software update. froodian is finishing the menu cleanup. Beyond that, there's no major features planned for 1.1. Everything else is cleanup and more (seemingly) minor fixes.
Everything looks good from 1.0.3 so far. Jay will get talkback reports for us before he leaves today (Update: Jay got the talkback reports done for us).
No resolution to the tarball issue as mento wasn't present.
Bug 181806 - Add "Go" button to toolbar
In our discussion, we looked at several ways this could be done:
- Have two location bars in the customize sheet, one with a Go button, one without (ala Mail.app)
- Have a separate Go button that could be placed anywhere on the location bar (ala Firefox 1.5)
- Have a Go button for everyone and not allow users to remove it
- Use a "sticky" Go button where dragging it onto the toolbar forces the button to be stuck to the location bar (not technically possible right now)
We decided to go with #4 and, thus, targeted the bug for future as it's not possible right now.
Bug 175336 - different cursors for link targets/clicks that will cause new tabs/windows
Of the designs provided by Jon, we decided to stick with the "mickey mouse" style of cursor, as it's standard throughout the OS. That leaves column 1. Of those designs, none seemed to convey the best message of "new tab/window", so we decided to ask Jon for a second revision of cursors, including:
- Column 1, Row 3: the "traffic light" icons in the top right of this could convey a better "window" idea. As row 3 stands, it's hard to tell that it's a window.
- A version with a "document" icon
- A version using the standard "alias" arrow (maybe a couple of these with some variation? Throw the basic one in there, but any other ideas you have based on that would be great.)
Bug 303193 - less Windows-y error pages
Overall, the design is great. There was some concern over the bullet styles used so we decided to remove them altogether, add more spacing between the paragraphs, and go with that as the final design.
We let Jon know and are awaiting the new CSS.