Here are various pages related to the development of caminobrowser.org, Camino's website. These documents provide information on accessing caminobrowser.org (for developers of the site) as well as planning documents for improving our processes.
- Website:Issues lists current issues with the website that haven't been transformed into bugs (please don't add new items here; either file bugs on discrete issues or post design problems on Website:Complaints)
- Website:Complaints is a page for collecting one-off complaints that aren't really actionable bugs but which might be considerations for upcoming redesigns.
- Website:Images Needed is a page for collecting image needs for the website.
- Website:1.1 gives details on, and content for, the content-refresh that will take place with Camino 1.1.
- Website:Documentation Changes for 1.5 tracks parts of the Support documentation that will need to change (or be added) for the new fixes and features present in Camino 1.5.
- Website:Migrating from Firefox is a page under development to help switchers from Firefox adjust to the differences between Camino and Firefox.
- Website:Migrating from Safari is a page under development to help switchers from Safari adjust to the differences between Camino and Safari.
- Website:Planning For Transition is a proposal toward rearranging the caminobrowser.org properties to better suit the needs of the community and development teams.
- Website:Documentation Changes for 1.6 tracks parts of the Support documentation that will need to change (or be added) for the new fixes and features present in Camino 1.6.
- Website:Documentation Changes for 2.0 tracks parts of the Support documentation that will need to change (or be added) for the new fixes and features present in Camino 2.0.
- Website:Documentation Changes for 2.1 tracks parts of the Support documentation that will need to change (or be added) for the new fixes and features present in Camino 2.1.
Structure and Style
Website:Structure is a document showing how caminobrowser.org is structured, both document semantics as well as directory structure.
Website:Style Guide is an outline of how text, images, and other styles are to be used throughout caminobrowser.org. This page also notes how spelling, grammar, and capitalization should be handled throughout the site and our docs.
The documents in the following sections applied only to the CVS-based 0.9/1.0 website. They exist for historical reference and as an aid for generating new policies and instructions for a future version of the website.
Translating Our Website
Website:Translation:Policy is our policy on getting translations of caminobrowser.org incorporated and live.
Website:Translation:Projects houses current website translation projects, both live and in planning stages. It also gives an overview of how to get started with translating caminobrowser.org.
Website:Translation:Guidelines gives basic guidelines and things to watch for when translating caminobrowser.org to other languages.
Website:Translation:Interface is currently a planning document for an interface which needs to be created to give transltors notice when the English site is going to change and give them time to translate the changes.
CVS, Staging, and Updating to Live
Website:CVS gives an overview of how to access Camino's website using CVS. This is the only way to edit the website and requires an account.
Website:Staging discusses the staging websites which exist for caminobrowser.org as well as how to update those staging websites to the live, main website.
Note: This page is locked for editing.